Original Thermalright HR-02 Macho rev A. with Z370 compatibility

Vakke

Hello guys!

I've just upgraded my system from way past with i7 950 and LGA1366 to the modern day and Z370 and LGA1151. I'm still using the Thermalright HR-02 Macho rev a. with the ugly older fan and saw a support spacer to the LGA1151 boards in their website, especially meant for the Skylake PCBs.

Does anybody here know that do I need the support spacer for the Z370 boards or is it only meant for the Skylake and Z170 boards? Am I safe installing the CPU cooler to my new system or should I order the part and just wait a little longer?

The part link is: http://thermalright.com/product/1151-cpu-support-spacer/

The spacer is to prevent possible pcb deformation. It's unlikely to happen but you can order it first if you want the peace of mind. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The spacer is to prevent possible pcb deformation. It's unlikely to happen but you can order it first if you want the peace of mind. 

Okay, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this. Did u make it work? I just ordered that adapter. Did an upgrade from a 2600k to 8700k. Do you guys think this cooler can handle it?

cheers