How to use Oracle / MySQL ? MSSQL DB over network & export .CSV file

Most of my work revolves around mail merging in Adobe InDesign for some PDF generation.

The current steps are as follows:

1. Enter data in MS Excel's appropriate columns, with one column dedicated to image URL (if any).
  2. Exporting complete worksheet in .csv file format.
  3. Updating .csv link in Adobe InDesign
  4. Finding row no. of the newly added / entered rows
  5. Mail-merging data in Adobe InDesign

Now the issue I'm facing is of data entry. With scope of increasing workload, I'm thinking of adding another terminal for entry of data to the excel worksheet but with this comes another issue of handling concurrent users in same excel sheet. Also, I want the files to be backed up online.

I tried using OneDrive as a central location to back up but it causes huge problem when two people start working on the same file and click 'save'. On 'saving' a file, OneDrive finds differences and instead of merging the edits intelligently, OneDrive creates another copy of the excel file and this creating confusion.

So I am wondering if:

1. There can be a way to have lightweight Oracle installed in other systems and Oracle server / main database installed in the main machine so that multiple people can work on same database concurrently without worrying about redundancies?
  2. Such Oracle / MySQL or any suitable lightweight SQL database can be accessed online Such database can be backed up online
  3. Is there a tool to import data directly from Oracle into Excel? or if not, Is there a way to convert data directly from Oracle database (filtered via SQL query) into .csv?
  4. If there is an option to work on Database such as Oracle / MySQL / MSSQL / Postgre or any that can help me export .csv file for an extract / SELECT query, then I is there a way to enter it using some GUI instead of command line?

1. There is a way multiple people are able to use the same database but it would be easier if their on the same network

2. Not sure about this one

3. I have done this using PHPExcel for work getting the data from a SQL database.  it is relatively simple and easy to use. 

4. I’m kind of confused on what you’re asking here are you asking if you’re able to enter data into a Website or GUI then have that information entered into an excel spreadsheet?

• 2 weeks later...