Ubuntu title bars

in Ubuntu latest LTS release, in order to access title bar options you have to send the window to maximize and hover over the title bar. to me, it's too counter-intuitive because hovering the title bar will not reveal the advanced options. right-clicking doesn't work because that just opens the context menu for minimize, maximize, etc. is there a way to customize this so you can access advanced options without having to maximize or hover? 

If I'm not mistaken, there should be a setting for that in the settings. I remember setting up my install that way, however I don't have it in a computer nearby so I can't say what section it is in.

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

in Ubuntu latest LTS release, in order to access title bar options you have to send the window to maximize and hover over the title bar. to me, it's too counter-intuitive because hovering the title bar will not reveal the advanced options. right-clicking doesn't work because that just opens the context menu for minimize, maximize, etc. is there a way to customize this so you can access advanced options without having to maximize or hover? 

just moving to the top bar while the window is selected will show the menu, you can use tweak tool, install from software centre it will allow you move the menus to window bar. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

thanks @chilicheeseburger @vorticalbox @tjcater

another questions:

- can you customize the alt-tab menu? i would like to have multiple windows of same app not together as a group, thus not requiring to hit down to open the group

- can you change the show desktop hotkey to the Windows 10 default, which is Win+D? 

Just now, Technicolors said:

thanks @chilicheeseburger @vorticalbox @tjcater

another questions:

- can you customize the alt-tab menu? i would like to have multiple windows of same app not together as a group, thus not requiring to hit down to open the group

- can you change the show desktop hotkey to the Windows 10 default, which is Win+D? 

1) You could but that would take some researching on how to do it. My rule of thumb: If you can think of a GUI change, it will be possible on linux.

2) Have you checked to see the customizable keyboard shortcuts, that I would imagine are in the settings :P

20 minutes ago, tjcater said:

1) You could but that would take some researching on how to do it. My rule of thumb: If you can think of a GUI change, it will be possible on linux.

2) Have you checked to see the customizable keyboard shortcuts, that I would imagine are in the settings :P

yeah, i googled it and found a solution

also googled this one. sadly the keyboard settings still does not accept super+d, even though it is a valid rebind. interestingly when i tried the default keys it worked, which is odd. i had to install compiz and rebind there, worked like a charm