Where to buy laptop motherboards in Europe?

Hello all,

I built my pc about 2 months ago with the intention to replace my laptop as my daily driver. But, with no intention to throw out my laptop, i was thinking about how to preserve my laptop, as it was getting a little slow. The first, and most obvious upgrade is an ssd. And an ssd it is. Im planning to replace the 500gb hdd with a 250gb samsung 850 evo. But, there is one more thing that I can upgrade. That, is the motherboard. Because I have an asus k501lb, i can upgrade the motherboard (currently housing an i5 5200u and a gt 940m) to the lx's motherboard, which has an i7 5500u and a gtx 950m. But, when searching for the motherboard, i found out that they are insanely expensive and not that common here in europe. So I was wondering whether anyone here has any experiance with buying laptop mothrboards for cheap in europe, or alternatively from china, where they should be pretty cheap, from what i've heard.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, 

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

Well Ebay och Aliexpress is relly your only option. Some business computer like my T420 the motherboards can be bought directly from Lenovo, not cheap but at least I can or could since it is out of support now. For any other computer there is really only ebay, aliepress or salvaging broken machines to get what you want. Then finding the right board for ASUS, Acer, HP, Lenovo (consumer) or any other brands is sometimes somewhat impossible.

To compare my machine again there is not a lot of options of motherboards (around 30) on ebay that I know will work in theory (since there is documentation about the different boards on lenovo's site) and many is quite expensive but that will not be true for you. 

You will probably have a hard time finding another board but good luck. 

This is just in theory and a bought board may not be in working condition when it arrives.