Wi-Fi Connectivity Issues

ilyaisha

My HP Spectre x360 laptop with Windows 10 has been giving me Wi-Fi problems for more than a week now. It happened suddenly when I tried browsing the web and websites weren't loading, so I decided to reset the router but the problem persisted. I have tried EVERYTHING and then some. The problem seems to be mainly with my home Wi-Fi.. 98% of the time it will not connect at all or it will connect and say "No Internet, Secured" but on the few rare occasions that it does, webpages won't load at all or they'll load extremely slow. And when it does connect, it doesn't stay for more than 10 minutes. Now, when I connect to my mobile hotspot it seems to work fine and much more stable than my home Wi-Fi. Although, occasionally some webpages will not load or it'll randomly disconnect from my hotspot. In complete frustration I decided to factory reset... and of course, the problem has not been fixed.

Also, many other devices in my house using the same Wi-Fi have been working as usual with no interruptions including other laptops, ps4, TV, phones, etc. I have never had any connectivity issues until now. 

PLS HELP I BEG OF THEE!!!

Edited by ilyaisha

flush dns

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

sounds like a signal conflict causing packet loss  / signal loss, check with a wifi analyzer to see if ur on a overlapping channel or beeing overlapped

(◑‿◐)

i dunno what phone u got but if u got android u can search in the google play store for Wifi Analyzer and check all wifi signals near, and overlaps ect ( dunno wht its named for on iphone o,o probably same but u proly gotta pay lol )

(◑‿◐)

3 hours ago, themctipers said:

flush dns

nope, didn't work. 

2 minutes ago, ilyaisha said:

nope, didn't work. 

if flushing dns didnt work im sure its the channels/channel interference like i mentioned :P

(◑‿◐)

6 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

if flushing dns didnt work im sure its the channels/channel interference like i mentioned :P

I switched channels, that doesn't seem to be the problem. :|

Sometimes disabling the wireless adapter and then re-enabling it has worked for me.  I don't know why.  Also, have you done any driver updates around the time the problem started?  If so, roll it back.  If not, might be worth it to check for a new driver.  

3 hours ago, Ringthane said:

Sometimes disabling the wireless adapter and then re-enabling it has worked for me.  I don't know why.  Also, have you done any driver updates around the time the problem started?  If so, roll it back.  If not, might be worth it to check for a new driver.  

Not sure if I had previously done any driver updates but I have disabled drivers, enabled, uninstalled, updated, installed latest from the HP site and nothing.

27 minutes ago, ilyaisha said:

I switched channels, that doesn't seem to be the problem. :|

did u scan which channel is best? and what channel did u pick because 1/6/11 are the only non overlapping channels

(◑‿◐)

3 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

did u scan which channel is best? and what channel did u pick because 1/6/11 are the only non overlapping channels

yes I picked 11

On 9/23/2017 at 4:05 PM, ilyaisha said:

My HP Spectre x360 laptop with Windows 10 has been giving me Wi-Fi problems for more than a week now. It happened suddenly when I tried browsing the web and websites weren't loading, so I decided to reset the router but the problem persisted. I have tried EVERYTHING and then some. The problem seems to be mainly with my home Wi-Fi.. 98% of the time it will not connect at all or it will connect and say "No Internet, Secured" but on the few rare occasions that it does, webpages won't load at all or they'll load extremely slow. And when it does connect, it doesn't stay for more than 10 minutes. Now, when I connect to my mobile hotspot it seems to work fine and much more stable than my home Wi-Fi. Although, occasionally some webpages will not load or it'll randomly disconnect from my hotspot. In complete frustration I decided to factory reset... and of course, the problem has not been fixed.

Also, many other devices in my house using the same Wi-Fi have been working as usual with no interruptions including other laptops, ps4, TV, phones, etc. I have never had any connectivity issues until now. 

PLS HELP I BEG OF THEE!!!

Turns out it was my internal wifi adapter that was no longer working. I got a new one and everything is back to normal!