Case and fan question

ToKm

Hi, I am on buying Fractal Define C case and wondering should I buy Mini or regular model? How much make it difference in airflow for slightly larger case (I'm only use one expansion card-gtx 1060)? 

And the second question, which fan to use?noctua or bq SW3? I want quiet ones and I think about 1 or 2 140mm for intake and one 120mm for exhaust. 

In airflow it doesn't matter that much. More important is that all you want in there fits. Mobo, all drives, cooler and so on.

As for fans, you might not need any. Fractals own fans are pretty silent. So I recommend you try with them first and buy fans later if needed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The stock GP fans are pretty good so I recommend trying them out before deciding on whether or not to replace them.

A smaller case will help reduce dead zones in airflow if you aren't filling all the fan slots. The difference isn't huge though.

I personally like a case that just fits the motherboard since empty space in a case seems inelegant.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ok, I'll get mini. With fans I have concern about their noise, because they are with 3-pin, so without PWM. But anyway I will try it first. 

On 08/24/2017 at 5:01 PM, ToKm said:

Ok, I'll get mini. With fans I have concern about their noise, because they are with 3-pin, so without PWM. But anyway I will try it first. 

If your mobo supports DC control, that's not going to be much of issue. I have 3x 3pins controlled with mobo and SpeedFan.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I don't know. It's Asus Z87m-plus. In manual I cant't find anything about dc control. 

53 minutes ago, ToKm said:

I don't know. It's Asus Z87m-plus. In manual I cant't find anything about dc control. 

It should be a fan setting that's available in advanced mode.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.