Case fans help

LegendOfZirkle

Alright so in a previous post I was talking about cpu cooling now I want to put new fans in my case im thinking of 2 120 mm intakes and 1 120 mm exhaust but what I was reading I need more exhaust than intake anyone have any input as to what i should do

7 minutes ago, LegendOfZirkle said:

Alright so in a previous post I was talking about cpu cooling now I want to put new fans in my case im thinking of 2 120 mm intakes and 1 120 mm exhaust but what I was reading I need more exhaust than intake anyone have any input as to what i should do

Or should I have two exhaust and one input keep in mind that would be changing the input from a 140mm to a 120mm because my fan sounds like its dying and  I plan to buy this and reinstall the cooling https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106355

All depends on what you want pressure wise.
Keep in mind Static Pressure fans will shine as intake while high CFM fans will shine as exhaust fans.
If you have 2 x 120mm in and 1 x 120mm fans you will end up with positive pressure.

For more theory crafting and toying with fans, I made this: Case Cooling CFM, Static Pressure and Watt Calculator (1).ods

1 hour ago, LegendOfZirkle said:

Slightly more intake than exhaust will produce positive air pressure from what I know.  So you could have four of the same fans, 2 as intake and 2 as exhaust, and run the front fans slightly faster than the rear fans and this will give you positive pressure if you balance it right.  Static pressure optimised fans might help as intakes, but it entirely depends on the case that you are building in, as some cases (Fractal Meshify C) have very UNrestricted intakes, so pressure optimised fans would be completely unnecessary in that example.

Indeed, most case manufacturers do NOT include static pressure optimised fans in their cases, as they are simply unnecessary (unless you want LEDs).  If you are pulling air through a radiator, that is when you want a static pressure optimised fan.