Building a new PC or buying a new laptop? (Budget limitations)

Hello everybody, before hand I'm new here so I think this is the right place for this thread. I did read the "Build Plan Thread Recommendations" so I'll try to get to the point. Some background: my sister is leaving the country (Vzla) and moving on to Chile, her old Toshiba Satellite C655 from 2011/12 laptop is way too old to keep up with her needs.

There's no possible way to build a pc or purchase a laptop in here (Vzla) so she's taking her budget to Chile.

So she has a 600$ budget for either building a PC or getting a Laptop. Aims: she likes gaming but nothing hardcore (League of Legends, arcade fps like TF2 or Paladins (everything on superlow settings), here's where things gets complicated, she's an Architect and plans to do her degree of interior design so she usually works with high demanding softwares like: Autodesk family (AutoCAD Architecture and Civil 3D, Design Suite, Revit, 3DS MAX) Adobe family (Photoshop, Illustrator CC and Indesign CC) Artlantis, Vray, Lumion, Rhino3D (this is where her laptop fails horribly, rendering takes years and sometimes freezes or crashes)

She's not into multimonitors things or hardcore peripherals, she just need a PC/Laptop that can handle the work.

Before hands sorry for my lack of description in anyway, English is not my native language.

9 minutes ago, fonfo said:

So she has a 600$ budget for either building a PC or getting a Laptop. Aims: she likes gaming but nothing hardcore (League of Legends, arcade fps like TF2 or Paladins (everything on superlow settings), here's where things gets complicated, she's an Architect and plans to do her degree of interior design so she usually works with high demanding softwares like: Autodesk family (AutoCAD Architecture and Civil 3D, Design Suite, Revit, 3DS MAX) Adobe family (Photoshop, Illustrator CC and Indesign CC) Artlantis, Vray, Lumion, Rhino3D (this is where her laptop fails horribly, rendering takes years and sometimes freezes or crashes)

So your best bet is a $500-$600 ryzen build with a gtx 1050 or rx 560. Laptops start at $800 with dedicated graphics and the heating from rendering, plus throttling, wouldn't be efficient in that price range for them.

1 minute ago, MaxBunny said:

So your best bet is a $500-$600 ryzen build with a gtx 1050 or rx 560. Laptops start at $800 with dedicated graphics and the heating from rendering, plus throttling, wouldn't be efficient in that price range for them.

If you have some spare time, could you show me an example build or something?

1 minute ago, fonfo said:

If you have some spare time, could you show me an example build or something?

Am working on one

Just now, Helix_Exton said:

Am working on one

thank you very much

1 minute ago, Helix_Exton said:

look at above post

on it

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($156.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($111.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($148.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($31.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $582.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 21:57 EDT-0400

13 minutes ago, Colexd said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($156.59 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($111.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($148.49 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($31.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $582.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-15 21:57 EDT-0400

we could cut on the ram and maybe go one tier up in graphics card?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjbcpb

or cut the ram to add an ssd?

47 minutes ago, Colexd said:

yep, whatever he needs more

1 hour ago, Howitz said:

we could cut on the ram and maybe go one tier up in graphics card?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fjbcpb

or cut the ram to add an ssd?

A $31 PSU? I'm sorry everything else looks great but seriously consider getting a more premium PSU. In my books, a PSU that cheap should be more commonly referred to as a "fire starter". 

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

12 minutes ago, xDyl said:

A $31 PSU? I'm sorry everything else looks great but seriously consider getting a more premium PSU. In my books, a PSU that cheap should be more commonly referred to as a "fire starter". 

Seriously,not everything is decided by price. Dont expect me to cram a $100 psu on a $600 pc.

15 minutes ago, Colexd said:

Seriously,not everything is decided by price. Dont expect me to cram a $100 psu on a $600 pc.

I didn't say $100 I meant $50-60.

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.