Micca MB42 Standard vs MB42X Advanced vs PB42X Powered

imjtblanton
Go to solution Solved by SSL,

MB42 and MB42X are passive, meaning you'd need a separate amp. PB42X has a built-in plate amp so you can run it straight from your onboard audio.

PB24X would be best. The built-in amp is decent and it would be hard to beat it for the $40 difference.

MB42 isn't really worth considering unless you are on the thinnest of budgets as the MB42X has a better crossover.

I'm thinking of getting the Micca MB42X bookshelf speakers for my PC. Had really good reviews and the price is right.

I'm on the Amazon page and I see three different versions. There's the MB42 Standard for $60, MB42X Advanced for $80 and the PB42X Powered for $120. What's the difference between the three? Will all three hook up to a PC okay?

MB42 and MB42X are passive, meaning you'd need a separate amp. PB42X has a built-in plate amp so you can run it straight from your onboard audio.

PB24X would be best. The built-in amp is decent and it would be hard to beat it for the $40 difference.

MB42 isn't really worth considering unless you are on the thinnest of budgets as the MB42X has a better crossover.