ASUS MX27UQ

iAzriel

Hello all,

At first I was confused if I should post here or the sound section... Anyhow, I recently bought the ASUS MX27UQ and everything works like a charm except from the embedded speakers. I have connected the monitor with my Palit Jetstream GTX 970, with a miniDP to DP 1.2 cable. The monitor is running properly @ 4K 60Hz. Windows recognize the monitor and the digital sound device from the GTX. I set them as prio device. Nvidia drivers also "see" the monitor and the digital sound device in the appropriate port. No matter what I do, everything in installed correctly (monitor driver, nvidia drivers, audio drivers) everything is set correctly as default devices. When I run Windows sound test, it shows that it "sends" the sound (the green volume bar is moving OK) but I can't hear anything. Volume in on 100 both in Windows and the monitor's OSD display. My GTX only has mini ports (one mini HDMI 1.4, three mini DP) I have also tried with a mini HDMI to HDMI 1.4 cable @ 4K 30Hz but still nothing soundwise. I haven't tried with a miniHDMI to HDMI 2.0 cable but I don't think that's it will solve anything... Is it a "mini" cable issue? Afaik mini editions of DP and HDMI passthrough sound normally without any problem. Please some help, I am lost! Thanks in advance.

This is my cable: 

• 2 weeks later...

After all it was the bluetooth option...while it's ON, it searches only for wireless input hence disabling any sound info coming from cables...