My Monitor is changing it's brightness on its own

Arenero14

Hi.

I have my new monitor connected to my laptop until i can build my new pc. Its a Samsung S24F350 and it's awesome!

However, when i have something dark on the middle of the screen the monitor as a whole lower its brightness and when the dark pic it goes back to its normal state.

To put you in perspective, if i'm dead in league of legends (which sadly happens quite a lot :( ) and i pop up the scoreboard what i just described above.

I'm using a DVI-A connector and i cannot find anything in the monitor settings that could be creating such behavior.

Thanks for your time boys :)

Some display have adaptive brightness... it's a setting in the menues.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

9 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Turn off any options relating to Dynamic contrast or DCR, adaptive brightness, or DDC/CI.

Thanks! At the end it was something called Samsung Magic :3

17 hours ago, Arenero14 said:

Samsung Magic

Least descriptive display 'feature' ever...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 11:49 PM, Arenero14 said:

Hi.

I have my new monitor connected to my laptop until i can build my new pc. Its a Samsung S24F350 and it's awesome!

However, when i have something dark on the middle of the screen the monitor as a whole lower its brightness and when the dark pic it goes back to its normal state.

To put you in perspective, if i'm dead in league of legends (which sadly happens quite a lot :( ) and i pop up the scoreboard what i just described above.

I'm using a DVI-A connector and i cannot find anything in the monitor settings that could be creating such behavior.

Thanks for your time boys :)

Brothers, i have the same issue, can you tell me how u fix it? 

1 hour ago, Midosio said:

Brothers, i have the same issue, can you tell me how u fix it? 

Hi. Check for:

1. Anything related to adaptative brightness, dynamic contrast or alike. Be aware that sometimes manufacturers hide them behind marketing names.

2. Sometimes your operative system can put automatically power saving configurations that cause such behavior, specially if you are connecting it to a laptop.

3. Also, (and i cannot verify this) i have been told that faulty cables can cause such behaviour.

I hope you can solve your issue.

• 10 months later...
Spoiler

as per feedback on this monitor, this model has some flickering issues.

i got this monitor too and it's my main display and i confirm it really flickers.