Should I wait for AMD VEGA or buy GTX 1070 ?

Ryuhayabusa132

I know that the AMD VEGA is soon coming out, but is it worth waiting for it or should I just go for the gtx 1070. I heard that the AMD VEGA performs well between the gtx 1080 and 1070 for a lower price. What are your thoughts? 

1080 no problem all the crypto miner are going to take all the vega cards before any one less can. so theres really no choose in the first place

Yes, it will rain. That's not what you asked? Too bad!

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Nobody can tell you if it's worth waiting for. We don't know how it performs.

Maybe, just maybe, wait for reviews and benchmarks for the card to be published and make a decision then. If it sucks, go for a GTX 1070. If it's better, get the Vega card.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

2 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Nobody can tell you if it's worth waiting for. We don't know how it performs.

Maybe, just maybe, wait for reviews and benchmarks for the card to be published and make a decision then. If it sucks, go for a GTX 1070. If it's better, get the Vega card.

When will it come out ?

1 minute ago, Ryuhayabusa132 said:

When will it come out ?

The card will launch at SIGGRAPH which is at the end of July but I suspect that's a paper launch. I believe GamersNexus talked to a few AIB partners for AMD and they said it should be out somewhere in August.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Nvidia mate, VEGA will go sold out once it's released, miners...

The geek himself.

18 minutes ago, Ryuhayabusa132 said:

I know that the AMD VEGA is soon coming out, but is it worth waiting for it or should I just go for the gtx 1070. I heard that the AMD VEGA performs well between the gtx 1080 and 1070 for a lower price. What are your thoughts? 

Just wait. It's a month away only at this point.

5 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Nvidia mate, VEGA will go sold out once it's released, miners...

Unlikely to happen, it won't have a huge performance boost over the RX570/580 and will cost much more.

I have feeling that most miners won't get vega, with that huge power hungriness but just an opinion , we'll see when it's out of course 

16 minutes ago, MaestroOCZ said:

I have feeling that most miners won't get vega, with that huge power hungriness but just an opinion , we'll see when it's out of course 

What is this whole thing with miners? What is it? 

Just now, Ryuhayabusa132 said:

What is this whole thing with miners? What is it? 

I suggest you to watch videos about it on youtube since I don't know much too but etherium mining just got big really fast , like in 2011(?) with bitcoin ,so miners bought graphics card and card prices went up and so on