NVIDIA GFE - SHARE/SHADOWPLAY ISSUES

JJBMX

Hi all, 

Wanted to make this post to ask if anyone has had this error and if anyone has fixed the error?

GFE wont let me turn SHARE/Shadowplay on, ive tried re-installing windows, DDU drivers, even stock OEM firmware with the GPU doesnt work.

When i try and turn it on, ive attached a screenshot on what it says

Rather annoying, primarily bought this card for the added feature of recording gameplay with shadowplay in which it no longer works, thinking sell it and go AMD?

If anyone has any ideas that may help or fix the problem, please leave a reply. Thanks

Screenshot_42.png

Could be an issue with Nvidia Geforce experience itself, perhaps another program on your computer is not playing nice; or perhaps a certain system related setting is preventing nvidia shadow play from working correctly. I'm not sure, try another recording software that uses your gpu; that way we will know if there is actually something wrong with the graphics card.

Just now, AtomicAftermath said:

Could be an issue with Nvidia Geforce experience itself, perhaps another program on your computer is not playing nice; or perhaps a certain system related setting is preventing nvidia shadow play from working correctly. I'm not sure, try another recording software that uses your gpu; that way we will know if there is actually something wrong with the graphics card.

Thanks for the reply, yes OBS does work with my GPU, but its more prone to frame drops than actually using GFE. 

Used to be able to record GTA V 1080p60 with GFE, but OBS wont go above 40fps.

Setup a VM also on my PC assigned 8GB RAM, installed driver and still no luck either, not sure if its just the 1050 series no longer supports shadowplay. 

Ive seen issues with the user profile being on a different drive causing errors. would that possibly cause shadowplay to stop working?

4 minutes ago, JJBMX said:

Thanks for the reply, yes OBS does work with my GPU, but its more prone to frame drops than actually using GFE. 

Used to be able to record GTA V 1080p60 with GFE, but OBS wont go above 40fps.

Setup a VM also on my PC assigned 8GB RAM, installed driver and still no luck either, not sure if its just the 1050 series no longer supports shadowplay. 

Ive seen issues with the user profile being on a different drive causing errors. would that possibly cause shadowplay to stop working?

it definitely still supports shadowplay on 1050, only issue i have is it only records in 480p

tried reinstalling Geforce Experience ? 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w