$700 budget Gaming build

I'm looking to build a gaming PC $700 and under. Games I would like to play include PUBG, Battlefield and others. $700 is my maximum budget the less I can spend the better.

10 minutes ago, ScubaChase said:

I'm looking to build a gaming PC $700 and under. Games I would like to play include PUBG, Battlefield and others. $700 is my maximum budget the less I can spend the better.

700 US, AUD, CAD?

Be more specific then that, and which country your ordering from..\

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($72.89 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.39 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($61.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: ADATA - Ultimate SU800 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($42.49 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($144.51 @ Amazon) 
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus - VS239H-P 23.0" 1920x1080 Monitor  ($125.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $667.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-26 15:26 EDT-0400

If you have a monitor, just move that money into a better gpu (possibly 1060, etc.) and up the ram to 16gb.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

you'll need to wait, the budget friendly video cards are all bought up by crypto-miners right now making the few you can find getting sold for more then your whole budget. wait till the mining bubble bursts again.

plus RAM prices are going to be stupid high for the rest of the year, now is a VERY bad time to try to build a budget rig, you won't get much for your money.

10 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

you'll need to wait, the budget friendly video cards are all bought up by crypto-miners right now making the few you can find getting sold for more then your whole budget. wait till the mining bubble bursts again.

plus RAM prices are going to be stupid high for the rest of the year, now is a VERY bad time to try to build a budget rig, you won't get much for your money.

RAM doesn't seem to out of the ordinary, but depends on which 1's your looking at.

As far as GPU's go, the 1060's, etc are being used, but I'm pretty sure the 1050ti's aren't being mined with, and are still good for 1080p gaming.

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

Just now, Drake10114 said:

RAM doesn't seem to out of the ordinary, but depends on which 1's your looking at.

As far as GPU's go, the 1060's, etc are being used, but I'm pretty sure the 1050ti's aren't being mined with, and are still good for 1080p gaming.

what are you talking about RAM is crazy, I bought a 2x4GB Kingston kit for a budget build last November for 46 bucks, that same kit today is 76 bucks (65% higher), I also bought a 2x8GB Kingston kit for my personal desktop build 10 months ago for 80 bucks, that same kit is currently listed for 146 (83% higher). it's a widely known Fact RAM prices are super high right now (multiple tech youtubers have talked about this) because part of the manufacturing process has been split off for developing DDR5 on a new Process Node so Yields are lower then they should be driving up price on RAM chips, You are right about the 1050ti not being popular with Miners so that might be an option

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

what are you talking about RAM is crazy, I bought a 2x4GB Kingston kit for a budget build last November for 46 bucks, that same kit today is 76 bucks (65% higher), I also bought a 2x8GB Kingston kit for my personal desktop build 10 months ago for 80 bucks, that same kit is currently listed for 146 (83% higher). it's a widely known Fact RAM prices are super high right now (multiple tech youtubers have talked about this) because part of the manufacturing process has been split off for developing DDR5 on a new Process Node so Yields are lower then they should be driving up price on RAM chips, You are right about the 1050ti not being popular with Miners so that might be an option

Hmm, I suppose, but that could be attributed to more people building PCs and demand being higher, since I imagine PC's are in cycles in terms of big companies doing upgrades, causing a shortage in the supply of ram modules.

I got my 16gb kit for $125 CAD, which I felt was right, since our dollar got slammed and prices rose.

Edit: Looks like RX580 cards from Asus aren't horribly overpriced too.

Current System Specs:

1 minute ago, Drake10114 said:

Hmm, I suppose, but that could be attributed to more people building PCs and demand being higher, since I imagine PC's are in cycles in terms of big companies doing upgrades, causing a shortage in the supply of ram modules.

I got my 16gb kit for $125 CAD, which I felt was right, since our dollar got slammed and prices rose.

how long ago? 5-7 months ago that number would be totally expected for the RAM listed in your signature given the value difference between CAD and USD, right now it's $146 USD for the same 16GB kit

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104680&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

how long ago? 5-7 months ago that number would be totally expected for the RAM listed in your signature given the value difference between CAD and USD, right now it's $146 USD for the same 16GB kit

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104680&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Built PC in May, got parts January - April, I think I got RAM in April.

Edit: Correction, I paid $175 CAD for the kit, but it went on sale the next day for like $150, but considering our prices are wonky, it is still within reason.

Current System Specs:

Built PC in May, got parts January - April, I think I got RAM in April.

well it's 175 CAD on Newegg.ca for the same kit I just linked which puts it up 40% since you bought yours (if that is the same kit like I think it is).

Just now, Daniel644 said:

well it's 175 CAD on Newegg.ca for the same kit I just linked which puts it up 40% since you bought yours (if that is the same kit like I think it is).

Yeah mine was around $175, with taxes and shipping. But customs, duties, import taxes, weakened dollar, etc, makes sense why it's more. Regardless it's good ram, and definitely worth it.

Current System Specs:

Yeah mine was around $175, with taxes and shipping. But customs, duties, import taxes, weakened dollar, etc, makes sense why it's more. Regardless it's good ram, and definitely worth it.

no question, it's my go to RAM, I use it in ALL my builds, both those builds where the same RAM just different capacity sticks, it was just dumb luck I decided to build last year so I saw how low RAM had dropped.

Heck I paid $59 bucks for 2 of the 8GB modules in my laptop in may of last year where when I bought the first 2 8GB modules I paid $165 in October 2014 (another year where RAM prices where known to be high due to a similar switch over), every few years RAM prices skyrocket due to the types of things described on the video I linked, if I had someone to tell me better I would have waited and saved that 100 bucks, thats all i'm trying to do.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

no question, it's my go to RAM, I use it in ALL my builds, both those builds where the same RAM just different capacity sticks, it was just dumb luck I decided to build last year so I saw how low RAM had dropped.

Heck I paid $59 bucks for 2 of the 8GB modules in my laptop in may of last year where when I bought the first 2 8GB modules I paid $165 in October 2014 (another year where RAM prices where known to be high due to a similar switch over), every few years RAM prices skyrocket due to the types of things described on the video I linked, if I had someone to tell me better I would have waited and saved that 100 bucks, thats all i'm trying to do.

Yep, everyone going w/ Corsair vengenance, but man kingston Hyperx is just plain awesome. Also suits my all black build, except didn't realize the pro gaming carbon has red ram status led lights -.-... oh well, suits my nickname for it... Anubis.

Current System Specs:

Might as well buy used at that budget

I HIGHYLY recommend this and it can make you some buck in cryptocurrency on idle.. GTX 1060 

IT come tower only a single FAST HDD i'm talking about min 400ish mb/s on 1TB even if the drive is full is speedy better budget option

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($176.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212X 82.9 CFM CPU Cooler  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI - A320M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($60.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - FireCuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB Video Card  ($279.99 @ Dell Small Business) 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C with Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($64.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Rosewill - 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($19.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $762.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-06-26 17:09 EDT-0400

So yeah spare that wallet cash get something better