HDMI switch

Wydz
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
Just now, Wydz said:

idk, maybe what im looking to do isnt possible, or maybe im just not explaining it right lol

I want to have my left monitor hooked up to 2 sources (gpu in pc, and ps4) without having to change any settings or messing any settings up on my pc, as my left monitor is my main with all my icons and stuff, without having to unplug anything I dont have to, and just switch between ps4 when i want to play that and use my other 2 monitors for my pc etc etc

Idk if I mentioned it but I'm using 3x VG248QE which have DP, DVI, and HDMI

Yes, just plug the PS4 into another port on the monitor and use the monitor controls to switch between ports.

Hopefully this is the right place for this type of question

But Will something like this work if I want to use my left pc monitor as my PS4 monitor as well as still with my pc?

HDMI from pc > hdmi switch > monitor/ps4?

Or am I dumb and would that mess up my pc display settings?

i don't see a reason why it wouldn't work fine, although never dont it my self.

22 minutes ago, Wydz said:

Hopefully this is the right place for this type of question

But Will something like this work if I want to use my left pc monitor as my PS4 monitor as well as still with my pc?

HDMI from pc > hdmi switch > monitor/ps4?

Or am I dumb and would that mess up my pc display settings?

Might need to look for one that'll strip the drm handshake from the ps4 signal can't remember what its called. sure someone will chime in with more info .

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

6 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

You shouldn't need an HDMI switch, most monitors have multiple ports on them

idk, maybe what im looking to do isnt possible, or maybe im just not explaining it right lol

I want to have my left monitor hooked up to 2 sources (gpu in pc, and ps4) without having to change any settings or messing any settings up on my pc, as my left monitor is my main with all my icons and stuff, without having to unplug anything I dont have to, and just switch between ps4 when i want to play that and use my other 2 monitors for my pc etc etc

Just now, Wydz said:

Yes, just plug the PS4 into another port on the monitor and use the monitor controls to switch between ports.

8 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

omg lol, thats so easy, why did i never know about that

thank you so much