Locked BIOS help!

R3DOPS

I have a HP ProBook 640 that has a locked motherboard bios. I cannot change the boot or anything BIOS related on it without a key witch i don't have anymore. I have tried re setting the CMOS battery and a bunch other other things. The only thing i can think of doing is removing and replacing the CMOS chip. I do know how to solder but i only have done it to wearing for my car. What do you guys suggest? 

I'd try leaving it out for a really long time. If that doesn't work and it's imperative that you unlock the bios, you could make a brute forcing script on a USB Rubber Ducky and eventually get in.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

3 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Try leaving the CMOS battery unplugged for a REALLY long time (like a day). That may work.

Nope that did not work. 

Just now, njmyers3 said:

I'd try leaving it out for a really long time. If that doesn't work and it's imperative that you unlock the bios, you could make a brute forcing script on a USB Rubber Ducky and eventually get in.

Ok that may help me. is there a tutorial i can watch to do that? 

Just now, R3DOPS said:

Ok that may help me. is there a tutorial i can watch to do that? 

Here's a video of them cracking it on an Android Phone. I imagine it would be even easier on a PC.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

Just now, njmyers3 said:

Here's a video of them cracking it on an Android Phone. I imagine it would be even easier on a PC.

Well im not going to try to do it if i dont see it done on a PC. They might use the different type of decryption and other things. 

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

I did some googling and apparently these are "enterprise" "business" laptops and cannot be reset by removing the battery. You apparently have to contact HP support for them to send you a custom bin file? I don't really know, but there is a blog post on HPs website about this:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/bios-password-on-probook-640/td-p/4958345

Do you know if i can just replace the cmos or bios chip 

Just now, R3DOPS said:

Well im not going to try to do it if i dont see it done on a PC. They might use the different type of decryption and other things. 

The ducky just acts as a human typing on a keyboard, but it can follow patterns. It would be as if you were there trying every single combination of keys. It would probably take a long time too, and it's quite impractical. I would just stick with the waiting method.

My main computer:

Spoiler

Pictures of setup:

1 minute ago, R3DOPS said:

Do you know if i can just replace the cmos or bios chip 

Remove the CMOS battery and the laptop battery, then hold the power button for 20 seconds to release any leftover charge. Then I'd wait a day and see if it works.

My main computer:

Spoiler

Pictures of setup:

Just now, njmyers3 said:

Remove the CMOS battery and the laptop battery, then hold the power button for 20 seconds to release any leftover charge. Then I'd wait a day and see if it works.

No it wont work i have tried that many times 

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

Are you getting an 8 digit code that says "system disabled"?

No

ec7b6f7fbd894fe79de84339b1b5f377.png

It doesn't seem that there's a way to remove the bios password from a ProBook. I found many backdoor passwords for other manufacturers, but nothing for HP.

My main computer:

Spoiler

Pictures of setup:

32 minutes ago, R3DOPS said:

Nope that did not work. 

He means long 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500