Looking for experience (Dell XPS13 & Asus UX360)

Hello everyone!

I am currently searching for a new notebook for university / work. Through some research I´ve come down to two notebooks (Dell XPS13 & Asus UX360UA) that seem to be great for what I am looking for.

However I´m unsure which one would be the better option, because I have the following doubts about my decision:

• With the Asus UX360 I have heard about problems with the hinges that they would easily break, as they are quite small. Also the Asus is slightly bigger. Are these construction concerns justified?
  • The Dell XPS13 has - as I have seen - no direct video output, which unfortunately is necessary for me, as I will probably have to give a lot of presentations with this laptop. However the Dell has a USB-C connector with HDMI capability, I would just need an adapter for it. What do you think about carrying an adapter around? Is that a good tradeoff for better build quality? How is your experience with being tied to an adapter?

Just for completeness, my requirements are: extremely portable -> thin and light (most important), 13 inch display, i7 processor (I do music production, electronics simulations, photo editing)

Does anyone have any experience with them? Would you suggest me a different notebook?

Thank you!

Thanks Cooly568, I really appreciate your support and your advice here. I'll be looking into this quite some more before I make any decisions anyway, but your experience is definately a great guideline. 

Some more experience/advice/opinons would still be highly appreciated though :)