What do you think about this hdd?

Perrichicken

Seagate Cheetah NS.2 SCSI 600GB 10K RPM

They are selling for $5 each, in good condition apparently

Does this seem like a good deal? Are these  HDDs good for a NAS or desktop? was looking to get a few

From a local listing

If they are selling them for $5 then are they working drives? Those types of drives can cost upwards of $140 each.

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

If they are selling them for $5 then are they working drives? Those types of drives can cost upwards of $140 each.

Wow okay I had no idea,I am going to assume not then, are they enterprise quality? , its 4 am atm so I cant ask him :P 

Just now, Perrichicken said:

Wow okay I had no idea,I am going to assume not then, are they enterprise quality? , its 4 am atm so I cant ask him :P 

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Cheetah-10000RPM-Internal-ST3600002SS/dp/B0030FZN5O

Those are some good drives. Never used them before but they are 10K RPM which is nice and from Seagate which is a reliable HDD brand. They will probably work great in NAS or desktop.

Just now, mpsparrow said:

https://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Cheetah-10000RPM-Internal-ST3600002SS/dp/B0030FZN5O

Those are some good drives. Never used them before but they are 10K RPM which is nice and from Seagate which is a reliable HDD brand. They will probably work great in NAS or desktop.

The ad doesn't say anything about not working which I would of thought is something you would say, just says removed from old NAS, he has 38x for sale, surely all 38 arent working.

2 minutes ago, Perrichicken said:

The ad doesn't say anything about not working which I would of thought is something you would say, just says removed from old NAS, he has 38x for sale, surely all 38 arent working.

They probably wont run on a sata controller...

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

3 minutes ago, Perrichicken said:

On ebay? Kijiji? where? You can always contact the person and ask if they are working.

14 minutes ago, Perrichicken said:

Seagate Cheetah NS.2 SCSI 600GB 10K RPM

They are selling for $5 each, in good condition apparently

Does this seem like a good deal? Are these  HDDs good for a NAS or desktop? was looking to get a few

From a local listing

dont these drives use SAS interface? they dont use SATA so you would need adapters or add-in cards to run them on regular motherboards

Photography / Finance / Gaming