Monitor has trouble powering on

My not so old LG 22EA53 often shuts down right after pressing the power button, only showing the screen for a second or less. Other times it turns itself on and off rapidly. If I unplug the HDMI (DVI does not work well currently), the "no cable connected" stuff is showing, but the monitor does a lot of coil whine or similar (does some coil whine at all instances with power issues), sometimes I can get rid of the coil whine by moving the DC power jack around (or by using a large amount of contact cleaner or with the good old in-out-in-out), but not always. I measured the output of the PSU, it's around 19V (more precisely: 18.5-18.9V) with no load.

The warranty is over already. What should be the problem? Is it repairable? I'm currently too poor for buying a new one and I don't want to buy a barely working one for cheap just to be able to use the computer a bit longer.

3 minutes ago, shapeshiftinglizard said:

My not so old LG 22EA53 often shuts down right after pressing the power button, only showing the screen for a second or less. Other times it turns itself on and off rapidly. If I unplug the HDMI (DVI does not work well currently), the "no cable connected" stuff is showing, but the monitor does a lot of coil whine or similar (does some coil whine at all instances with power issues), sometimes I can get rid of the coil whine by moving the DC power jack around (or by using a large amount of contact cleaner or with the good old in-out-in-out), but not always. I measured the output of the PSU, it's around 19V (more precisely: 18.5-18.9V) with no load.

The warranty is over already. What should be the problem? Is it repairable? I'm currently too poor for buying a new one and I don't want to buy a barely working one for cheap just to be able to use the computer a bit longer.

Try unplugging it for about 30 seconds then try powering it on

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

if the display goes off in a second, sounds like its a backlight problem. im guessing the led indicator is still on? as if the monitor is on as normal? if it really is the backlight problem, look closely into it, like, REALLY CLOSE, you should still be able to see windows, its as if the brightness has been turned down to zero. use the led torch from your phone or something. either that or something else entirely. if it is the backlight display, get a new monitor.

6 hours ago, shapeshiftinglizard said:

• 3 months later...

Digging up this topic again.

Currently it does the following: if any input plugged in, then the monitor constantly turns off and on by itself, if I unplug the cable, keep it turned on while showing a "no input signal" error, I can use the monitor. However the time I have to wait got longer and longer, currently even the error message for the monitor takes too much power so it goes blank instantly, but if I wait in this state, I can go to the next stage where the message shows up. Also as long as the back of the monitor stays warm, I can turn it off without starting the ritual again.

I have a guess that this is either a soldering issue or a capacitor failure. Tried to disassemble the monitor, but it only has a single screw, the rest seems to be a snap solution. I attached an image here, there's no disassemble guides on the internet to my knowledge, maybe someone can help me. With some trial, the frame seems to not pop off from the outer edge, but maybe from the inside. I fear from breaking the panel, and currently I don't have any means for a back up or a replacement (very broke and currently have no job)

WP_20170807_001.jpg