Monitor Native Resolution problems

DKims

Recently built a new system and after downloading Nvidia drivers my monitor does not display its native resolution (only shows 800 by 600 or 1024 by 728), unless I unplug my display port cable specifically from my monitor (doesn't work if it's done from the graphics card). Restarting the computer will reset the resolution to 800 by 600 and I've tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work right now. Nvidia's control panel also does the same thing as the windows display options.

17 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Display model

Graphics card model

Hooked up using what type of connection

Acer XF240H

1060 3gb

DisplayPort

1 minute ago, Gameborn said:

what's your gpu model? looks like wrong driver

I'm pretty sure I installed the right driver since it was the only one listed in Geforce Experience

Just now, DKims said:

I'm pretty sure I installed the right driver since it was the only one listed in Geforce Experience

try reinstall driver or even uninstall it and wait ~10 minutes, so windows can install it's own from windows update. I don't know if windows can do this with NVidia cards, but It can with amd

Just now, huilun02 said:

Does the monitor have option to enable/disable Freesync? If its enabled, disable it.

It doesn't.
I didn't have problems with it my previous computer which had a 960.
Actually I forgot to mention that it was working fine with the new computer until I got the drivers and rebooted

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Does the monitor have option to enable/disable Freesync? If its enabled, disable it.

yes this should help. I googled, this monitor support freesync

8 hours ago, DKims said:

Recently built a new system and after downloading Nvidia drivers my monitor does not display its native resolution (only shows 800 by 600 or 1024 by 728), unless I unplug my display port cable specifically from my monitor (doesn't work if it's done from the graphics card). Restarting the computer will reset the resolution to 800 by 600 and I've tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work right now. Nvidia's control panel also does the same thing as the windows display options.

Try unplugging the monitor from power for a few seconds.