How to change Cortana's language?

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
37 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

Hello, I hope this is not a very nooby question.  So I prefer to speak English although I can also speak Chinese, but I live in China.  So Cortana answers in Chinese, I still talk to "her" in English though.  According to my friend Cortana will only answer in the language of your region, so China in my example.  Is this true, and is there a way to make Cortana respond to me in English despite being in China, I know this is probably possible if I VPN to the USA or any other English-speaking country since it probably uses Microsoft online services like Bing, but I would prefer not to do that because I game even though I only have a ThinkPad and having a VPN on 24/7 is also a crappy solution.

Thanks for any answers!

Cortana behaves and speaks differently based on different regions you set Windows, to meet the area culture.

From the Settings panel you can set the region of Windows, and then from Cortana own settings, you can pick the language.

Hello, I hope this is not a very nooby question.  So I prefer to speak English although I can also speak Chinese, but I live in China.  So Cortana answers in Chinese, I still talk to "her" in English though.  According to my friend Cortana will only answer in the language of your region, so China in my example.  Is this true, and is there a way to make Cortana respond to me in English despite being in China, I know this is probably possible if I VPN to the USA or any other English-speaking country since it probably uses Microsoft online services like Bing, but I would prefer not to do that because I game even though I only have a ThinkPad and having a VPN on 24/7 is also a crappy solution.

Thanks for any answers!

I highly doubt it's a region specific issue. If one would go to a random country with a f*cked up language, their craptop would also change to that language? I highly doubt that...

Me thinks there are some language settings for your OS which you have to change.

31 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

I highly doubt it's a region specific issue. If one would go to a random country with a f*cked up language, their craptop would also change to that language? I highly doubt that...

Me thinks there are some language settings for your OS which you have to change.

It's related to the country/language  you picked when you set up Win 10 I think or there's a seeting somewhere in settings

My life

37 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

Thanks for any answers!

Cortana behaves and speaks differently based on different regions you set Windows, to meet the area culture.

From the Settings panel you can set the region of Windows, and then from Cortana own settings, you can pick the language.