First custom loop

I started to read the beginner's guide and realized it the same that Ghost wrote years ago. So it won't answer the questions I have.

So currently I presume d5 pumps are still preferred? I'd like a tube res that has a pump on it, any recommendations?

I currently have a GTX 1080 ftw hybrid and an h100i v2 cooling my Ryzen 5 1600. My reason for water cooling a custom loop is the clutter and tube bending on my 460x. I would presume a 120x45 rad and a 240x30 rad would work since I believe that's that I have now. I could do another 240x30 in the roof if I can ram with smaller heatsinks, or go down to 1 top fan and get another 120 in the roof.

Last 2 questions. If frozencpu.com doesn't exist anymore, where in the US can I buy parts? And lastly, do custom looks still require maintenance every few months? I'm hoping to go 12-18 months without tearing it down.

4 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

I started to read the beginner's guide and realized it the same that Ghost wrote years ago. So it won't answer the questions I have.

So currently I presume d5 pumps are still preferred? I'd like a tube res that has a pump on it, any recommendations?

I currently have a GTX 1080 ftw hybrid and an h100i v2 cooling my Ryzen 5 1600. My reason for water cooling a custom loop is the clutter and tube bending on my 460x. I would presume a 120x45 rad and a 240x30 rad would work since I believe that's that I have now. I could do another 240x30 in the roof if I can ram with smaller heatsinks, or go down to 1 top fan and get another 120 in the roof.

Last 2 questions. If frozencpu.com doesn't exist anymore, where in the US can I buy parts? And lastly, do custom looks still require maintenance every few months? I'm hoping to go 12-18 months without tearing it down.

You could check out http://www.performance-pcs.com and http://www.aquatuning.us/

Comic Sans!

Just now, Snaeb said:

Thanks for answering! I'll look around there!

they should be good jayztwocents has used both

Comic Sans!

A good rule of thumb is 240mm of rad space for each heat generating component in the loop. The more the better.

You'll occasionally want to replace the fluid in the loop. But that's something you won't do often.

Depending on the fluid additives you use, some fluids can last 1-3 years before needing to be replaced.

---

6 hours ago, Snaeb said:

Yes the D5 unit is still regarded to be the gold standard, if you want a combo unit EKWB makes a fairly good one with bracket mounts and such. For a single CPU and GPU loop 360mm of rad space is a good option more is not bad if you want to optimize for silence while under load. And as for maintenance it usually need to be serviced every 6-12 months depending on the fluid conditions.