Laptop shutting down randomly while playing games

D3faulT

My new laptop is randomly shutting down only while I am playing games. I have a laptop with a full 1060, i7 etc. And I am unsure of the issue, I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers with no solution. Any tips? 

13 minutes ago, D3faulT said:

My new laptop is randomly shutting down only while I am playing games. I have a laptop with a full 1060, i7 etc. And I am unsure of the issue, I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers with no solution. Any tips? 

If it's new RMA it, simple.

What kind of laptop? Any idea of temperatures when this happens? What OS? Make sure your power saving is set to an appropriate setting for what you're doing at the time of using it, and if Windows 10, it isn't set to automatically restart for updates while you're using it. 

56 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Are you plugged in when this happens?

Also, you could try a windows reinstall.

I am plugged in while using it

53 minutes ago, DyverTech said:

What kind of laptop? Any idea of temperatures when this happens? What OS? Make sure your power saving is set to an appropriate setting for what you're doing at the time of using it, and if Windows 10, it isn't set to automatically restart for updates while you're using it. 

Its an Asus GL502, not sure on the temps, using Win 10, and power settings on performance, with automatic updates off.