Acronis True Image says backup path inaccessible during restore

ShadowWolf810

For months now I've been trying to diagnose extremely slow boot times, feel like I've gone through every single possible thing to troubleshoot. Randomly checked device manager and realized I had a few drivers showing up as "Other Devices" and so I tried updating them but they weren't automatically detected so I searched online for the unique ID of each Driver and installed them. Went to restart my computer and my already long boot time of 1 min 40 sec turned into 3 minutes+. The reason I thought these drivers were related was because of them was an X99 chipset driver that had to do USB controller. Thought maybe it was causing some problem and it was hanging while trying to find a device but eventually gives up. That was the theory anyways, all my USB devices work and were recognized though so who knows. Regardless, I did a few more restarts to confirm it wasn't just because of the installation progress and it remained the same. I figured I must have gotten the wrong driver or something so I uninstalled the ones that I had installed but now they're showing up as different "Other Devices" so I thought instead of trying to figure out what happened it'd be easier to just restore to a backup from yesterday. About a month ago I got Acronis True Image 2016, and had set up incremental back ups. So it did one full backup, then every day does an additional one of the sectors that changed since the last backup. 

All this is backstory, my issue is:  When I go into True Image and select "Restore Disks" and choose which date I want to restore to it'll say a restart is required and then instead of launching Windows after the BIOS screen it goes to Acronis and says its preparing the backup. But it just sits there for a few minutes and then says that it failed and that the backup path was not accessible, or that the backup was corrupted. I've tried choosing 3 or 4 different incremental backups, as well as the original full backup and the problem is the same. There's no reason it should be doing that. The external drive the backup is on is on, connected, accessible in Windows so I'm not sure why it won't let me restore. I've tried looking up the problem on Acronis' website but haven't been able to find anything else to try. 

Dont'cha just love when trying to fix a simple problem gets more and more convoluted as you try to fix it?