Stick with Corsair H80i or go back to Cryorig H7?

Hi, so I was recently experiencing some problems with my i7-7700k getting too hot using a Cryorig H7 Air Cooler, however I then bought a second hand Corsair H80i (for the same price I bought the H7 for).

I am experiencing better temps with the H80i, as expected, but I have a feeling that is because I installed the H7 incorrectly. I had the fan facing the wrong way on it, could this have caused my CPU to get a lot hotter than it should? This was my first PC build, so that is the cause of the mistake :) 

And if so, do you think it is worth it for me to go back to the H7 as it is possible for the H80i to leak and damage components, especially as it is second hand, and the H7 won't damage anything else if the fans fails?

Thanks.

Run stress tests with both the H80i and the H7 to see which one keeps the CPU cooler. See which one performs better and keep it. The chances of your H80i leaking is slim to none. I would not worry at all about it unless it looks like the previous owner used it to play football.

41 minutes ago, mpsparrow said:

Run stress tests with both the H80i and the H7 to see which one keeps the CPU cooler. See which one performs better and keep it. The chances of your H80i leaking is slim to none. I would not worry at all about it unless it looks like the previous owner used it to play football.

Is it really worth it? It is more than likely the H80i will do better, isn't it?

And either way, I can probably return the H7 as I bought it brand new, whereas I cannot return the H80i, and I got it for the same price I got the H7 for, so surely it's just worth keeping the H80i on there, unless there is a chance the H7 will do better?

11 hours ago, NinjaSandvich said:

Is it really worth it? It is more than likely the H80i will do better, isn't it?

And either way, I can probably return the H7 as I bought it brand new, whereas I cannot return the H80i, and I got it for the same price I got the H7 for, so surely it's just worth keeping the H80i on there, unless there is a chance the H7 will do better?

I don't think the H7 will do better. If you want a solid answer though then you would need to test both in your rig.