Need help with Custom GPU BIOS

Dunkan77

Hello guys,

I want some confirmation the custom BIOS I have (didn't make it myself) will be valid for my GPU because I have one that has the voltage locked to 1.200 in BIOS and hardware locked to 1.212 V but I need a BIOS mod to even reach 1.212V. I have a GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 and there are my original (GM204.rom) and cutsom (970SCPL.rom) BIOS. Have a look at them and approve of them so I'm sure the custom one won't brick my card or cause any issues please.

Thanks

970SCPL.rom

GM204.rom

44 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

Please reference this thread.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1517316/extract-and-flash-gtx-970-and-980-firmware-zosons-h2o-and-air-custom-bios

Its fairly simple. just read through it.

Okay thanks for that but apparently no one cares about the card I have because no one wants to deal with its bios :( yes its a reference design but it deserves some attention come on :(

1 minute ago, Dunkan77 said:

Okay thanks for that but apparently no one cares about the card I have because no one wants to deal with its bios :( yes its a reference design but it deserves some attention come on :(

reference design probably wont be able to keep it cool enough at 1.212v and 1450~ mhz btw. air bios is meant for aftermarket cooler cards.

2 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

reference design probably wont be able to keep it cool enough at 1.212v and 1450~ mhz btw. air bios is meant for aftermarket cooler cards.

Reference PCB design, not cooler. I mentioned I had the ACX 2.0 and yeah even this has trouble staying quiet and cool since it's got a misalignment problem

but ill trade some acoustic for performance any day

11 minutes ago, Dunkan77 said:

04G-P4-2974-KR 

I had the same model. 

I used the airbios on in the thread i linked you. made a copy of my bios and copied all fields of the modded bios. 

My card could not run the 1500mhz tho. had to back it off to 1492 as silly as that sounds.

40 minutes ago, JDMFTW said:

I had the same model. 

I used the airbios on in the thread i linked you. made a copy of my bios and copied all fields of the modded bios. 

My card could not run the 1500mhz tho. had to back it off to 1492 as silly as that sounds.

So you copied the Values from the Airbios into your BIOS that you extracted from your own GPU?

9 hours ago, Dunkan77 said:

So you copied the Values from the Airbios into your BIOS that you extracted from your own GPU?

Yep worked like a champ I did however have to go back in and lower the boost value. Even with max voltage I couldn't get a stable clock over 1500mhz your milage may vary tho.