Toshiba 4k TV on sale, should I buy?

AdmiralStanley

Hey guys,

This television is on sale at my local Best Buy, for a pretty good deal ($300 off to a sale price of $599 with 12 month financing and free delivery). I am currently using a 55' 1080P JVC I bought about 4 years ago, which is turning itself off and soft locking from time to time so I was thinking about replacing it and upgrading to 4k for my living room. I mostly use the TV with my Roku Stick and Chromecast for watching videos from streaming services and occasionally with my Steam Link to play video games with my wife, and very rarely to watch a Blu-Ray on my PS3. What do you guys think? Is that TV worth my time at that price or should I wait and look at some other different tech later on in the year, while I wait for JVC to die?

Thanks for any input,

Admiral Stanley

(Toshiba model number 65L621U)

If the tv is a serious problem then go ahead replace it but if you want to still use it then fine keep it but its what you want to do.

It has good reviews but non from rtings.com which is where I always look. If you're in need of a TV it might be a good deal.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

Thanks for the replys!

I think my current TV will make it another year without serious inconvenience, but if I buy this TV now i'm not gonna wanna replace it again for quite awhile, and so more what I'm wondering is, in the current landscape of modern 4k TV's is this one good for the price and will it serve me well going into the future?