Is the gtx 460m better than a geforce gt 920m?

which is the more powerful gpu? i did search a couple of gpu comparison sites but they did not have the geforce gt 920m on their list thats why i posted this here.

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm pretty sure both of those came out before lists had been invented.  Or even the Internet.

any ideas how they perform?

No, except that they wouldn't be able to run any modern games.

what about games that came couple of years back.like the crew or assassins creed unity

Just now, Shammikit said:

what about games that came couple of years back.like the crew or assassins creed unity

I seriously doubt it.  MAYBE if everything is set to the lowest settings.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Shammikit said:

I'm currently running a 920M and I'll give you my average FPS in games so you'll get a rough idea of how it performs:
Far Cry 4 (All settings low/off, 720p): 35 FPS
Forza Motorsport 6: (All settings low/off except MSAA 2x, 720p): Always above 40 FPS

Metro: 2033 Redux (Medium-high settings, 720p): Always above 45 FPS
Watch_Dogs (All settings low/off except HBAO+ Low, SMAA, 720p): Always above 30 FPS
;) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

1 minute ago, Freezanator said:

I'm currently running a 920M and I'll give you my average FPS in games so you'll get a rough idea of how it performs:
Forza Motorsport 6: (All settings low/off except MSAA 2x, 720p): Always above 40 FPS

Watch_Dogs (All settings low/off except HBAO+ Low, SMAA, 720p): Always above 30 FPS
;) 

That's better than I expected, especially with Far Cry 4.  What CPU do you have?

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

That's better than I expected, especially with Far Cry 4.  What CPU do you have?

An Intel Core i5-5200U @2.2 GHz, Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 

3 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

;) 

is the gt 920m better than the gtx 460m.im unable to get fps values of the gtx 460m because there arent any tests of it on youtube or elsewhere. 

Just now, Shammikit said:

is the gt 920m better than the gtx 460m.im unable to get fps values of the gtx 460m because there arent any tests of it on youtube or elsewhere. 

The 920M will out perform the GTX 460M, easily. Also, the 920M is much, much newer and has a later architecture (Kepler). Based on NotebookCheck.net's 920M overview, the GTX 460M is about 5% slower based on the comparison graph between similar-performing GPUs. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300

2 minutes ago, Freezanator said:

The 920M will out perform the GTX 460M, easily. Also, the 920M is much, much newer and has a later architecture (Kepler). Based on NotebookCheck.net's 920M overview, the GTX 460M is about 5% slower based on the comparison graph between similar-performing GPUs. :) 

thanks for the info

9 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

thanks for the info

The 460M is essentially a 9800GTX with DX11 capability, if you were to put it in layman's terms. It's an entry-level gaming chip from the end of 2010. Also, while it was *decent* for its time, it was rapidly outclassed even back then by emerging GPUs and barely managed to hold itself upright after a year or so.

It's equal to a GTS 450... if you overclock it. :P I have owned the 460M and 560M and I'd probably wager that the 920M is equal to it in DX11 applications, but worse outside of that API. In any case, the 920M would be better of the two. One draws 15w tops the other draws 75w. :P 

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

I would use a PS4 or Xbox One then either of those. Unless you are traveling all the time and need a "gaming" laptop.   

CPU: Ryzen R7 1800x (4.0GHz) | AIO: Master Liquid Pro 240 | MOBO:  MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

RAM:  Gskill TridentZ RGB 3200(16gb) | GPU: Evga FTW ACX  3.0 GTX 1080(2x)

SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb | HSSD: Seagate 2TB | Case: InWin 303 Black | PSU: Evga 210 1000w