Overclocking in adaptive mode issue

xxMrTimelessxx

Hi I need help figuring out how to stop adaptive mode going above my set limit of 1.221v it goes to 1.276v under load. I already figured out 1.21 is stable under load in Manuel mode but now I want to use adaptive to get low volts on idel but when I set the limit with 1.221v it goes up more than that to 1.276v. Any setting I can change to fix this. My motherboard is the x99 sabertooth with a 6850k overclocked to 4.1ghz

On idle it should always get back to low voltage if you set a max multipier for the boost and the CPU goes back to its idle state. At least thats now it always worked for me.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

1 minute ago, Thx And Bye said:

On idle it should always get back to low voltage if you set a max multipier for the boost. At least thats now it always worked for me.

Idle works fine for me the voltage drops it's when it's under load it goes above what I set it to which is 1.221 instead adaptive mode sets it to 1.276 which is much higher than necessary.

3 minutes ago, xxMrTimelessxx said:

adaptive mode sets it to 1.276 which is much higher than necessary.

Don't use adaptive mode then. Or lower it by the amout you are over your target.

~ ThxAndBye

"You should remove any cats from the vicinity, because cats will cause all kinds of problems doing CPU installation." -Linus

delid i7-3770k @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.265V | EVGA z77 FTW | GTX 680 2way-SLI | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 1866MHz | 240GB SSD RAID 0 | Full Custom Water Loop with two 360mm radiators  -> live temps <-

Haha but isn't there a way for it to listen to my input of 1.221 instead of it ignoring it. I want to get the benifits of the low volts when at idle  because I hear running manuel is bad since your cpu is always getting 1.221 even under idle which can kill a cpu