[Problem] Melted Micro SD card adapter

*Hey, this is my first time on the forum, so please notify me if I didn't follow some kind of rule. (e.g. having to wear socks and sandals while writing this)

To simply put, my micro SD card adapter melted while using it, and I need help. 

Details: 

I use a 128GB SanDisk micro SD card to store everything that I need on the go. It served me well exactly for one year. Today, when I turned on the laptop I got an error stating that

"you need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it".  10~20 minutes later when I was on youtube trying to find out how to fix this I smelt burnt plastic... And the title happened. 

Now, I am trying my best to find the nearest service centres and panicking, a bit. I seriously need advice. 

Device used:

SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC UHS-I Card  (The Micro SD adapter was included in the package)

The SD card reader in the MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)  

(Yes, I know people will harp on about using macs, but I can't go "F you mom, why giv meeb a mac, meeb gotsa PC". And why not use a computer you have?)

20161220_181108.jpg

It sounds more like the card got a bit too hot and melted the holder part of the adapter.

I'd actually suggest getting a micro SD card from another manufacturer since it seems that from experience that sandisk products (that includes USB drives and micro SD memory cards) have a habit of getting hot when in use.

Before getting a new adapter, try reading the card using and internal card reader(no adapter). Make sure the card is readable and the information intact .

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire