BF3 keeps crashing without any errors

Artoine

Hi guys,

I'm having a frustrating time trying to figure out why bf3 keeps crashing on me.

There are no errors when it crashes so google cannot help me out, maybe you guys can.

The question of when it happens is also difficult to answer, it does happen mostly in the beginning just when the map is loaded but

it can also happen after 2,5 or even 10-20 minutes. When it does happen, it is just like lag (players keep running but do not move etc.) and then the game crashes to desktop.

I'm really hoping one of you guys knows a fix or has a follow-up question for me to help determine the problem and hopefully find the solution.

I haven't overclocked anything

Things I've tried:

- Repaired bf3 installation

- These steps followed:

1. Press: Windows-button (the one between lAlt and lCtrl) + R, a window should pop up.

2. Write: "services.msc" (without the ") then press enter.
3. In the list of services, scroll down to "UPnP Device Host", click it and press "Stop service".
4. Now do the same thing but with the service "SSDP Discovery".
5. Exit the window and go to control panel-> Network and Internet-> Network and Sharing Centre-> Change advanced sharing settings (to the left)-> Under "network discovery" select to turn off network discovery.
6. SAVE CHANGES

Thanks for reading

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

when this happened to me I had to set my cards back to factory speeds and it worked. this issue was or is somewhat common because its all over a ton of forums with fixes that work for some and not others. after trying a handful of them the fix for me was that I had a bad factory overclock. 

lots of things you can try to figure out the issue..what have you tried? 

Did you happen to play the BF4 Beta? This problem exactly happened to me and I couldn't play BF3 which was frustrating; download Punkbuster from Even Balance than add Battlefield 3 to the list, then update it. When done run this, it's from Even Balance again: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

After I did all this it worked perfectly. Hope it helps!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

when this happened to me I had to set my cards back to factory speeds and it worked. this issue was or is somewhat common because its all over a ton of forums with fixes that work for some and not others. after trying a handful of them the fix for me was that I had a bad factory overclock. 

lots of things you can try to figure out the issue..what have you tried? 

I've updated my post with things I've tried

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

Did you happen to play the BF4 Beta? This problem exactly happened to me and I couldn't play BF3 which was frustrating; download Punkbuster from Even Balance than add Battlefield 3 to the list, then update it. When done run this, it's from Even Balance again: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

I've played the beta, I am going to try it. Will let you know if it helped

What do you mean by "then add Battlefield 3 to the list, then update it" ?

when the pbupdater window opens, it has a drop down menu of games listed that use PB. Select BF3 and run the update check.

Download this: http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

When installed: You will see a tab called "Add a Game". Click that and select "Battlefield 3". It should find the directory itself. Once done, click Battlefield 3 and then the "Update" tab. Let it do it's thing and then download this: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe. Run it and let that do it's thing, then hopefully you'll be okay! :D

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

When installed: You will see a tab called "Add a Game". Click that and select "Battlefield 3". It should find the directory itself. Once done, click Battlefield 3 and then the "Update" tab. Let it do it's thing and then download this: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe. Run it and let that do it's thing, then hopefully you'll be okay! :D

Thanks man, it did needed to update so I hope this will help, I am going to try it now

Nope, it didn't help it just crashed again

Nope, it didn't help it just crashed again

Did you run the second program?

Yes

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (10/27/13 00:21:39)
Checking OS
  Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status   RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version          OK (1036)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
   "C:\Users\Artoine\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
                                   OK
Checking firewall settings         OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe   NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe   NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running    NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA          OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send     OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA    OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
  Response = 7114 (ms) Version = v1036
Getting PnkBstrB install instance  OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA   SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA   OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
  Response = 11154 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
  Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (17) CHANGED (18)
Getting port for PnkBstrB          OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB    OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
  Response = 3026 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status    NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB         STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file        OK

----------------------------------
  Tests finished.

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (10/27/13 00:21:39)
Checking OS
  Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status   RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version          OK (1036)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
   "C:\Users\Artoine\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
                                   OK
Checking firewall settings         OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe   NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe   NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running    NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA          OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send     OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA    OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
  Response = 7114 (ms) Version = v1036
Getting PnkBstrB install instance  OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA   SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA   OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
  Response = 11154 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
  Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (17) CHANGED (18)
Getting port for PnkBstrB          OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB    OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
  Response = 3026 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status    NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB         STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file        OK

----------------------------------
  Tests finished.

It completed without any errors? If so then unfortunately I don't know any other solutions :( But at least your PB is up-to-date. Have you tried a complete un-install and re-install? Also, have you tried moving the PB files to your Origin Games folder?

It completed without any errors? If so then unfortunately I don't know any other solutions :( But at least your PB is up-to-date. Have you tried a complete un-install and re-install? Also, have you tried moving the PB files to your Origin Games folder?

Of punkbuster or bf3?

:( No one can help me

Of punkbuster or bf3?

BF3

Usually when BF3 just shuts down all of a sudden it's the server kicking you. usually for ping.

Wild ping fluctuations (Jitter) and packet loss can trigger the Server to kick you.

Have you tested your connection?

Command prompt:  PING YAHOO.COM -N 100   Will ping Yahoo 100 times and tell you the results at the end.

If you have beta drivers from BF4, try installing older version.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you have beta drivers from BF4, try installing older version.

Installed an older version, I had the 13.11 beta driver

No crash so far, only played one round of rush though