Tips for a first time sleever

I have been thinking about a desk build for quite a while and now I am actually doing it. For this build I needed custom length cables and since I wasn't willing to pay the expensive prices found online, I decided to sleeve the cables myself.

Guess what I learned, sleeving is still hella expensive even doing it yourself.

Anyway I have completed my 24pin cable and wanted to know how to confirm I did everything correctly and I have a few questions as well. Below are three pictures of my cable, the front, back and a single wire not plugged into the connector. In the 24pin I skipped one wire on the underside, this leads right into the first question. Are there diagrams somewhere to show you how to wire up each type of cable? In my build I have a graphics card which requires a 6pin and an 8pin, motherboard 24pin and 8pin, hdd and ssd which both require sata power, and a fan power board which requires molex. 6 and 8pins seem quite straight forward to me as they both require to be filled with wires. However for the sata power and molex I noticed that they are missing 1 and 2 wires receptively. After searching around online a while I haven't been able to find any diagrams of how to wire up the sata and molex and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Secondly, once every cable is completed how can I confirm everything works, can I use a multi meter to make sure their is voltage running through correctly? (sorry if that's a dumb question I'm new to electronics). I was reading earlier that a mess up in the cable can cause permanent damage to components (for obvious reasons) and I really don't want that to happen so I'm trying to be as careful as possible.

Thanks for any help ! 

Spoiler

Front of 24pin Cable

24 pin front.jpg

Back (with one wire intentionally left out)

24 pin back.jpg

Single wire, this picture was taken as I was finishing and after I had learned a technique. Some of the wire I did first are at least a bit worse than this.

Single sleeved wire.jpg

2 hours ago, MichaelZeuner said:

I have been thinking about a desk build for quite a while and now I am actually doing it. For this build I needed custom length cables and since I wasn't willing to pay the expensive prices found online, I decided to sleeve the cables myself.

Guess what I learned, sleeving is still hella expensive even doing it yourself.

Anyway I have completed my 24pin cable and wanted to know how to confirm I did everything correctly and I have a few questions as well. Below are three pictures of my cable, the front, back and a single wire not plugged into the connector. In the 24pin I skipped one wire on the underside, this leads right into the first question. Are there diagrams somewhere to show you how to wire up each type of cable? In my build I have a graphics card which requires a 6pin and an 8pin, motherboard 24pin and 8pin, hdd and ssd which both require sata power, and a fan power board which requires molex. 6 and 8pins seem quite straight forward to me as they both require to be filled with wires. However for the sata power and molex I noticed that they are missing 1 and 2 wires receptively. After searching around online a while I haven't been able to find any diagrams of how to wire up the sata and molex and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Secondly, once every cable is completed how can I confirm everything works, can I use a multi meter to make sure their is voltage running through correctly? (sorry if that's a dumb question I'm new to electronics). I was reading earlier that a mess up in the cable can cause permanent damage to components (for obvious reasons) and I really don't want that to happen so I'm trying to be as careful as possible.

Thanks for any help ! 

Reveal hidden contents

Front of 24pin Cable

24 pin front.jpg

Back (with one wire intentionally left out)

24 pin back.jpg

Single wire, this picture was taken as I was finishing and after I had learned a technique. Some of the wire I did first are at least a bit worse than this.

Single sleeved wire.jpg

That looks good however, are those extensions or full replacement, modular cables, for modular cables you must make sure the pinout on the PSU side is correct for that manufacture and it follows the ATX specs. As for diagrams and such I have a guide on that here under PSU and Connector Pinouts including a Sleeving section if needed: