wifi ping peak

Lavachyste

I am in the ceilar and the router is on the ground floor. I have to use wifi, I don't have any other solution as it's not my house, I just rent the room.

I have bought a TP link repeater (RE200) that is located close the ceilar. My wifi PCi card is also a TPlink (TL-WDN4800) both handle dual bands, but I use only 2.4Ghz. I have about 30M of speedtest with an average ping of 10 and upload of 4M.

My problem comes during games, when My average ping is 20-40 but, I do have peaks every now and then, goes up to 150.

I have wlan optimizer for my PC which helps a bit, I also disabled the audio throtting. But I think the problem comes from the repeater, as in wifi in the living room, I don't have those peaks, but the internet speed is the same, wheter I am close top the router or in the ceilar.

I'd like to handle that peak of the ping. The rise in ping occur usually during actions (data transmitting from my pc to the game server i guess). Is there anything I can change in my pc, wifi card, or repeater to smooth it more and have less ping rises?

Thank a lot again

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

1 hour ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Makes me think about this 

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=63670.msg261169#msg261169

Do you have an issue similar to this one? 

Yes when playing I have about 10% packet loss. In the post you mentionned they say to put the wifi mode on N. In my repeater, I can:

Concurrent Range Extender Mode - Extends both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for the router.

High Speed Mode - Boost the WiFi speed but only one band could be extended.
 High Speed Mode 1 - Connect to the router/AP on 2.4GHz only and connect to WiFi clients on 5GHz only;
 High Speed Mode 2 - Connect to the router/AP on 5GHz only and connect to WiFi clients on 2.4GHz only.

settings:

Beacon Interval :    (40-1000)
RTS Threshold:    (256-2346)
Fragmentation Threshold:    (256-2346)
DTIM Interval:    (1-255)
    Enable WMM
    Enable Short GI
    Enable AP Isolation

I don't see any way to change that on the repeater, neither on the wifi PCI card. But this is what I've found on my wifi card

tplink.jpg

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

no that's what I have.

tplink.jpg