Corsair Hydro H55 vs H90 - worth the higher price?

Hi Folks, how much would cooling performance benefit from a bigger rad in an AIO ?

I could get the Hydro H55 wich has a 120mm rad and fan for € 72.90 while the H90 with the 140mm rad+fan would be € 96.90 - so we are talking about 24 bucks difference.

The case can mount a 140mm fan next to the mainboard I/O and has plenty of space inside (big tower) so thats not the problem

i would suggest to go for a liquid cooler with a  240/280mm radiator. 120/140mm radiators arent that good

only place i could probably mount a 240 rad would be in the top but that space is taken by a 230mm fan wich i would like to keep there - the case is a bitfenix colossus

I own the H55, get the H90.

H55 is noisy, and many people had leaks issues (I didn't -yet-)

1 minute ago, belfouf said:

H55 is noisy, and many people had leaks issues (I didn't -yet-)

leak issues with an AIO ? that is SO not cool.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

leak issues with an AIO ? that is SO not cool.

yep, read amazon reviews before you buy (because there are always a lot of review on amazon)

right - there are a lot of reviews to be found, the trick is to filter out the helpful ones :- )

like I seen someone complain about the H90 because of how hard it is to find a case with a 140mm mount since most cases tend to have 120mm. that is no reason for a bad review on my book.

I used a H90 for years on my PC. Now it's on the wife's gaming box. Still going strong. It's a great cooler. I changed the fan to something better, but that's not completely necessary at all.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:57 AM, KenjiUmino said:

right - there are a lot of reviews to be found, the trick is to filter out the helpful ones :- )

like I seen someone complain about the H90 because of how hard it is to find a case with a 140mm mount since most cases tend to have 120mm. that is no reason for a bad review on my book.

You can get a h100i for around that price.

On 14.10.2016 at 10:44 PM, shibbs said:

I used a H90 for years on my PC. Now it's on the wife's gaming box. Still going strong. It's a great cooler. I changed the fan to something better, but that's not completely necessary at all.

nice to hear.

ordered the H90 today - found it for € 89,49 as B-stock on ebay