GRUB still showing up after removing Linux volume drives

Go to solution Solved by ShadowPony,
5 minutes ago, alphacore said:

Hi there,

So I wanted to remove Ubuntu from my system. I did the classic "remove everything Linux related" in Disk Management. Though it did remove Ubuntu, it did not remove grub with it. Screenshots of partitions attached.

Somebody told me to do "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" though Recovery USB, it reported it did something, but I can't tell. It's still there and I'm in the lost.

It's not really a problem since I can choose to boot through "windows" instead of "ubuntu" in UEFI, I'm just curious if it's possible to purge it.

Have a great day!

Reveal hidden contents

02-partitionwizard.jpeg01-windowsdiskmanagement.jpeg

bootrec is the tool to use, but fixmbr is not enough

you also need to do fixboot on the partition that boots

best would be to rebuild the BCD store

more info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927392

Hi there,

So I wanted to remove Ubuntu from my system. I did the classic "remove everything Linux related" in Disk Management. Though it did remove Ubuntu, it did not remove grub with it. Screenshots of partitions attached.

Somebody told me to do "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" though Recovery USB, it reported it did something, but I can't tell. It's still there and I'm in the lost.

It's not really a problem since I can choose to boot through "windows" instead of "ubuntu" in UEFI, I'm just curious if it's possible to purge it.

Have a great day!

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, alphacore said:

Hi there,

Have a great day!

Reveal hidden contents

Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love. How on earth can you explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? Put your hand on a stove for a minute and it seems like an hour. Sit with that special girl for an hour and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein

6 minutes ago, ShadowPony said:

I can see where this is going. Will give it a try!

Yeah you probably need to rebuild it with bootrec/bcdboot command.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I don't know what I just did, but after several tries it seems to fix it. Thanks, guys!