£500 Build - Need Recommended specs

Dofyy
Just now, Dofyy said:

Would It be a good idea to take out his laptops hdd and use it?

Why not if he wants he can

Just now, Ethereal said:

Lol nice.

Wish I took the Intel rig back in 2013 :( RIP Me.

Hope to upgrade soon. Though I plan to upgrade some other components first such as my Monitors/Keyboard/Mouse etc... ^_^

If you are planning on going all out on your setup, rgb lighting and everything, make sure you have methods in place to keep everything clean first lol, I learned the hard way what living in a desert does to a good setup, constantly cleaning, going to maybe try getting positive airflow in my entire room to keep dust out or something idk yet

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Why not if he wants he can

What would he have to do regarding his new specs? How would he go about getting his new drivers on. Would he have to delete his old ones then take it out and put it in his new one then get those drivers?

Just now, Dofyy said:

What would he have to do regarding his new specs? How would he go about getting his new drivers on. Would he have to delete his old ones then take it out and put it in his new one then get those drivers?

Most likely he needs to wipe his entire drive before installing a fresh new windows. Even if he does not intent to use it as a boot drive a cleaning would be best

12 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Most likely he needs to wipe his entire drive before installing a fresh new windows. Even if he does not intent to use it as a boot drive a cleaning would be best

Thanks for the help. I think he's going with this one for now. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PkXJwV I told him not to use his mobo he has atm considering he'd save 5 quid get a new one with a better cpu

14 minutes ago, Kevin11 said:

If you are planning on going all out on your setup, rgb lighting and everything, make sure you have methods in place to keep everything clean first lol, I learned the hard way what living in a desert does to a good setup, constantly cleaning, going to maybe try getting positive airflow in my entire room to keep dust out or something idk yet

I live nowhere near a desert sooo.... that shouldn't be a problem for me.

I don't plan to put RGB Lighting in my room either, would seem pointless to me.

I will plan a new rig soon and yeah I know about airflow, should be alright (I hope), gonna be using Air Cooling for the CPU when I eventually get that new rig I mentioned.

Like I said, gonna focus on this first though:

Spoiler

Hope to upgrade soon. Though I plan to upgrade some other components first such as my Monitors/Keyboard/Mouse etc... ^_^

18 hours ago, Dofyy said:

Not a whole selection for a gaming rig. Infact I think he might just be able to use his old product key of his current pc right?

No, he wont be able to with a new mobo.