Best way to play games with XBOX 360 controller that don't support it?

JoeCoke
Go to solution Solved by JoeCoke,

Okay, a quick update for anyone else who might be looking for this functionality. Update to Xpadder 5.7, they added support for automatic game/application detection to load controller profiles.

Xpadder FTW.

Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I had no idea where to post this.

So recently I set up a HTPC for Steam in home streaming and it's been a blast! It works very well and big picture is actually really nice. One problem though, while most games I want to play on the TV work with the 360 controller out of the box, some just don't. I use XPadder to solve this, but it's a clunky work around. I have to leave big picture, open Xpadder and switch profiles for each game, which requires me to use a mouse. Is there software that can map keys and mouse inputs to a controller that detects what game I'm playing and auto switches profiles? That'd be amazing, it'd make the experience so much more seamless.

I know someone might say "WHY WOULD YOU WANT A CONTROLLER OVER THE PERFECT AND AMAZING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE YOU FUCKING NOOB?!?!?!", but come on, using a mouse and keyboard on a couch is just plain uncomfortable.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

11 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

WHY WOULD YOU WANT A CONTROLLER OVER THE PERFECT AND AMAZING KEYBOARD AND MOUSE YOU FUCKING NOOB?!?!?!

Quick google reveals Gopher: https://github.com/Tylemagne/Gopher360/releases (from HTG http://www.howtogeek.com/240188/how-to-control-the-windows-desktop-with-an-xbox-or-steam-controller/)

Xpadder still seems to be better. Am I missing something? Gopher seems too basic.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I bought XPADDER and followed some tutorials on YouTube. One kid got all of Arma 3's controls into a PS4 controller. If you can find that one, he shows you some advanced techniques on programming XPADDER. 

It has fared me well. (Using an Xbox one controller, or a PS3 controller emulated to be a 360 controller.) 

I know it's free on Sourceforge, but it was 10$ ...and I didn't know it was until after I bought it. 

The guy that wrote the program said you can put it on all the computers you want after you buy it. So it might be legal to use the sourceforge copy. But help him out. He's gotta make a living. 

Okay, a quick update for anyone else who might be looking for this functionality. Update to Xpadder 5.7, they added support for automatic game/application detection to load controller profiles.

Xpadder FTW.