GTX 1060 mini's any information on temps?

Narnash

So, it seams that I have to work round about 500 km away from home for about three months.

And since my main rig is heavy AF and I don't own a Laptop I thought I build a small mini ITX PC for that time.

The goal is nice 1080p gaming rig maybe kinda constructed like an AIO but I will build case'n stuff my self. I also already own some Storage, PSU, Mobo, (CPU) and Cooler. But since my GPU is watercooled and I don't have the air cooler anymore from my main rig I can't use it for the time. SO I thought to pick up a nice little mini GTX 1060.

I'm aware that the RX 480 would suit my requirements too but for future projects I may have to use optimus and the RX is also little bit more expensive atm so what ever.

As I said an ITX case (I will build my own) is the plan so I play with the idea to pick a "mini" GTX 1060 with a max length of maybe 180 mm and 2 slot design.

The first real question that pop's up is 3GB version or 6GB is it worth it to go for 6? We speak of a price difference of approx. 50 € (23% more than the 3GB) not to much . 6GB version worth it/must have for 1080p?

The second is that I can't find reviews on the small ITX card's, does anyone know how toasty they get and under how much noise?

Thanks for any help, experiences or links xD

we've been having 37c scorchers the entire week so my numbers may be higher than others. I've literally only gotten this today so ...

Gigabyte 1060 6GB ITX Mini OC  

Idle 40c   load (furmark) - 68c  Fan never went over 55%,  That said.. I cant hear it at all inside my case over my intake/outake fans

I'm going to fiddle with the OC a bit when it cools off, but it should have some headroom with 5+1 phase design.

As for 3GB vs 6GB,  I had the same question and I do not regret going for the 6 gig.  Theres reviews on the evga and zotac minis out there, The gigabyte one just came out you probably won't find one yet

49 minutes ago, Gullerback said:

we've been having 37c scorchers the entire week so my numbers may be higher than others. I've literally only gotten this today so ...

Gigabyte 1060 6GB ITX Mini OC  

Idle 40c   load (furmark) - 68c  Fan never went over 55%,  That said.. I cant hear it at all inside my case over my intake/outake fans

I'm going to fiddle with the OC a bit when it cools off, but it should have some headroom with 5+1 phase design.

As for 3GB vs 6GB,  I had the same question and I do not regret going for the 6 gig.  Theres reviews on the evga and zotac minis out there, The gigabyte one just came out you probably won't find one yet

Alright, thanks for your info.

The temps seam to be fine ... higher idle because of the zero fan mode I guess ... the Gigabyte cards are sadly in germany a bit more pricy but if the temps are that good on the Gigabyte they shouldn't be to bad on the EVGA, too. Even when the Gigabyte is a bit taller.

Edited by Narnash
I think I will pick up the EVGA SC 1060 than (not even 10euro more than the normal one)

29 minutes ago, Narnash said:

Alright, thanks for your info.

The temps seam to be fine ... higher idle because of the zero fan mode I guess ... the Gigabyte cards are sadly in germany a bit more pricy but if the temps are that good on the Gigabyte they shouldn't be to bad on the EVGA, too. Even when the Gigabyte is a bit taller.

If EVGA make sure its the SC.  The 2 other mini's have a piece of crap aluminum flower heatsink POS

I've got the EVGA 1060 SC. I'm getting about 82 degrees (Temp limit) in Heaven Benchmark while overclocked to stable 1.95GHz at 37% fan speed(you can't even hear it from 1m distance) or 56 degrees at full speed. Ambient temps are about 29 degrees.

22 hours ago, Narnash said:

-snip

Just an update, a Much more temperate day 25 degrees out  Idle: 32c   Load - 58c