Thoughts on the Galaxy A3 2016? Worth the price?

My friend wants to finally retire his iPhone 4.

He was looking at the Galaxy A3 2016 because it is not to large, pricy, includes an SD slot. Screen is not super terrible - low res but at least AMOLED.
What are your thoughts? Are there any better options at this pricepoint? Keep in mind the "not to large screen" is pretty much a must for him. the S6 sizze would probably be his max (that is 5.1 inch).

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I'm not a fan of AMOLED screens personally. Yes the colors are amazing and the blacks deep, but damn the white is ugly. The Galaxy A3 (like any low/mid-range smartphones) is way overpriced imo. If I had to go with a Samsung/HTC/Nokia/whatever-big-brands, I'd go with a high-end phone. If you want to save money and get an amazing phone for the price, look at Xiaomi's phones if you're not afraid of import of course. 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

1 minute ago, roylapoutre said:

I'm not a fan of AMOLED screens personally. Yes the colors are amazing and the blacks deep, but damn the white is ugly. The Galaxy A3 (like any low/mid-range smartphones) is way overpriced imo. If I had to go with a Samsung/HTC/Nokia/whatever-big-brands, I'd go with a high-end phone. If you want to save money and get an amazing phone for the price, look at Xiaomi's phones if you're not afraid of import of course. 

Any particular option you can recommend that is reasonably small judged by a former iPhone user and available in Europe/Germany.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

1 hour ago, GER_T4IGA said:

My friend wants to finally retire his iPhone 4.

He was looking at the Galaxy A3 2016 because it is not to large, pricy, includes an SD slot. Screen is not super terrible - low res but at least AMOLED.
What are your thoughts? Are there any better options at this pricepoint? Keep in mind the "not to large screen" is pretty much a must for him. the S6 sizze would probably be his max (that is 5.1 inch).

that phone is old recommend looking at the budget andoid smartphones   

2 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Any particular option you can recommend that is reasonably small judged by a former iPhone user and available in Europe/Germany.

Unfortunately, you will only find generic brands like Samsung that tend to do shitty mid range phones in Europe. At least I find them all shitty compared to what you could get from some Chinese manufacturer ^^ 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

27 minutes ago, masterkickass7 said:

that phone is old recommend looking at the budget andoid smartphones   

I can not make out what you meant. Can you help me out?

24 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

Unfortunately, you will only find generic brands like Samsung that tend to do shitty mid range phones in Europe. At least I find them all shitty compared to what you could get from some Chinese manufacturer ^^ 

So what you are saying is that all the locally available stuff is shit but you don't tell me why apart fromt the fact that you don't like AMOLED screens and when asking for something that would be acctually better you miss out on answering that part. Well played.

Do you have any thouhgts on what is the least shitty option amongst europs mid range phones?

3.Use