I have a P5G41T-M SI motherboard.  I have the most updated BIOS, 0606, and I was able to download the AMIBCP 3.46 tool and open that BIOS to look at all possible options.

When I open it up, under the Advanced section it not only shows "(052F) JumperFree Configuration", it's checked and the accesses are "User" all the way down the list.

I thought to myself, well maybe I DON'T have the most recent BIOS update since this has it listed and my BIOS doesn't show that option anywhere.  So I saved the configuration making sure that all the "JumperFree Coniguration" options are selected to SHOW and grant regular User access, then flashed the BIOS successfully. Then when I load the BIOS up after a reboot, STILL NO JUMPERFREE section under the Advanced tab.  Driving me crazy...  What's the deal?

0606 JumperFree Options.JPG

BIOS JF Missing.JPG

That bios could have been used on several boards with only some of them having the option to turn it on.

Is the feature necessary to have?

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Well, the hope was to be able to run overclock tests with different settings, get the RAM speeds tightened up a bit and just play around with all the options.

So you're saying that even thought it's the exact same BIOS, all the same coding used to write that BIOS can't be opened the same on different MoBos?

I only ask, because all the other P5G41T-M MoBos have different BIOSes altogether.  Originally I tried to just overwrite the BIOS on my board with another boards BIOS from the same family, but no dice.