Separate Secondary Screen

PrismaticM

Hi guys,

I recently connected an old monitor to my mid-2010 iMac and I was wondering if there's any program that allows one of my screens to dim/screen-save/sleep if I don't use it, for example watching a movie and the 2nd screen goes to dim/screen save/sleep.

Also I'm wondering if there isn't a program which allows you to have a menustrip and dock on both screen not just on the main screen.

Thanks for any answers 

PrismaticM:)

Just turn the secondary screen off lol.

As for the having a dock on both, on Windows there is a program for it but the name evades me... Slick really likes it though so I'm sure someone else around here can remember the name. You may have some luck finding a mac version of that.

DisplayFusion or Ultramon as far as the bar goes....dunno which works on mac.

There is no way to automate the dimming thing.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Just turn the secondary screen off lol.

there's just 1 problem with that, the setting that I set up, resolution etc. just go to default:)

DisplayFusion or Ultramon as far the bar goes....dunno which works on mac.

There is no way to automate the dimming thing.

DisplayFusion, that's what I was thinking of :)

there's just 1 problem with that, the setting that I set up, resolution etc. just go to default:)

What monitor are you using? Because that's really annoying and stupid. Does OSX not remember settings for secondary monitors like Windows does?

EDIT: I just reread your post and you say it's an "old" monitor so maybe that's something to do with it.

What monitor are you using? Because that's really annoying and stupid. Does OSX not remember settings for secondary monitors like Windows does?

EDIT: I just reread your post and you say it's an "old" monitor so maybe that's something to do with it.

maybe, cos every time I turn off the screen, the windows on that screen get teleported to my main screen and everything is default

maybe, cos every time I turn off the screen, the windows on that screen get teleported to my main screen and everything is default

Even when you just press the button the screen to put it into standby? o_o

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Even when you just press the button the screen to put it into standby? o_o

there's just an on/off button, it goes in sleep mode when there isn't no signal. It's that screen http://goo.gl/SLi9PC I can't believe that they sell a 8yo screen:)