Weird HTML5/Flash/GPU Thingy

Fatelinha

Hi guys.

Lately I have been having a problem playing YouTube videos (All recent drivers tested including beta versions). At first the videos crashed for a second or two and then the display would reboot and AMD would present me with a message saying "Graphic driver has stopped working and has recovered". So I looked it up and found a forum post that told me to change a registry setting that gave more time for the GPU to try and respond before rebooting the display. It just made the earlier 2 second freeze become a 10 second freeze.

I then continued to search for a solution and found out a forum which said that HTML5 can cause this issue in Chrome and the work around was an extension for chrome that forced Youtube to use Flash Player. And now the crashing and rebooting is gone BUT there is another problem now.

Aside from the inability to speed up videos and the weird video controls, the videos have black corruptions or something.

Spoiler

643f902d59744ef28b05f7abae63c3ac.png

TL:DR HTML5 was crashing. Switched to Flash Player and got "black thingies" on videos (open the Spoiler)

Does someone have a solution?

EDIT: It crashed again with the Flash Player... I wonder if it is a Chrome bug

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

7 minutes ago, Fatelinha said:

Hi guys.

Lately I have been having a problem playing YouTube videos (All recent drivers tested including beta versions). At first the videos crashed for a second or two and then the display would reboot and AMD would present me with a message saying "Graphic driver has stopped working and has recovered". So I looked it up and found a forum post that told me to change a registry setting that gave more time for the GPU to try and respond before rebooting the display. It just made the earlier 2 second freeze become a 10 second freeze.

I then continued to search for a solution and found out a forum which said that HTML5 can cause this issue in Chrome and the work around was an extension for chrome that forced Youtube to use Flash Player. And now the crashing and rebooting is gone BUT there is another problem now.

Aside from the inability to speed up videos and the weird video controls, the videos have black corruptions or something.

Reveal hidden contents

643f902d59744ef28b05f7abae63c3ac.png

TL:DR HTML5 was crashing. Switched to Flash Player and got "black thingies" on videos (open the Spoiler)

Does someone have a solution?

Try removing all the graphics drivers and reinstall the newest non beta ones, Reset you web browser and clear history/cookies/cache.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

Using an old Radeon 7600 series. I've not had either of those issues. Not much I can further help you.

On 26/05/2016 at 5:09 PM, swordsman247 said:

Try removing all the graphics drivers and reinstall the newest non beta ones, Reset you web browser and clear history/cookies/cache.

Unninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, wiped cache/cookies/history. Unninstaled and reinstalled chrome. Crashes anyway... 

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

1 minute ago, Fatelinha said:

Unninstalled drivers and reinstalled them, wiped cache/cookies/history. Unninstaled and reinstalled chrome. Crashes anyway... 

Not sure what to tell you then, fresh os install maybe? Otherwise it may be a hardware issue which can get a bit tricky to diagnose on that kind of problem, but it's normally the ram or gpu.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

4 hours ago, swordsman247 said:

Not sure what to tell you then, fresh os install maybe? Otherwise it may be a hardware issue which can get a bit tricky to diagnose on that kind of problem, but it's normally the ram or gpu.

ty for your help anyways