Android S6 Root help

ZeusXI

I have an android S6 running 5.1.1, is there anyway to root this device? 

Model number SM-G920V

I've tried a few different root methods, they say this model is supported, but the roots say it's not when I try rooting. 1 click, or computer root, either is fine.

1 minute ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

May I ask why you try to root your S6? 

Long story short, i reported my phone stolen, and then a few weeks later my insurance got me a new S6, and they blacklisted the other one that was reported. Well about a week ago, an employee (dont worry i made him pay for the insurance that i had to pay awhile back) because he openly admitted into hiding my phone and nobody found it till recently (6 months later). Since it's blacklisted, there is no mobile. I was hoping to root so I can just fiddle around with it. Like the CPU, applications in the phone, and thats really about it. I dont know the full extent of rooting, but i would like to learn.  

26 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

Long story short, i reported my phone stolen, and then a few weeks later my insurance got me a new S6, and they blacklisted the other one that was reported. Well about a week ago, an employee (dont worry i made him pay for the insurance that i had to pay awhile back) because he openly admitted into hiding my phone and nobody found it till recently (6 months later). Since it's blacklisted, there is no mobile. I was hoping to root so I can just fiddle around with it. Like the CPU, applications in the phone, and thats really about it. I dont know the full extent of rooting, but i would like to learn.  

a good place to start looking around for rooting,ROM's and general Android developement would be the XDA Forums. if they don't have your answer there there probbaly just isn't an answer.

@ZeusXI

Easiest would be to flash a custom recovery using odin.

Then flash a custom rom using the custom recovery.

The ROM will come pre rooted and give you all the access you need. 

XDA is the best place to check

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/development

Make sure you check your model is supported and you follow their steps religiously to avoid bricking your device