Freenas mirror set up

DrDray

So I currently have 2x3tb drives set up as a mirror on freenas.

I'm planning on getting rid of the NAS box and just putting the drives into my gaming rig, but I want to keep all of the data (obviously).

Only problem is they're formatted (at least I'm 99% sure they are) to only work with freenas and not windows, and I also don't have any spare storage that I can off load the 2.5tb of data to. Is there a way I can take a drive out, format it to NTFS, chuck it in my windows machine and then transfer everything across?? Not too worried about the mirroring at this stage as I'll just use software backups for it.

Any help would be appreciated :) 

If you have the option to get a high refresh rate monitor, do it.

Main PC CPU: i7 9700k CPU Cooler: NZXT x62 280mm Motherboard: MSI Z390 Carbon Gaming Pro AC GPU: EVGA GTX 3070 FTW3 RAM: Corsair 4x8gb 3200mhz SSD: 980 Pro 1TB, 2x 500gb Sata Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red PSU: EVGA Supernova G.2 750w 80+ Gold

24 minutes ago, Josh.Drayton said:

So I currently have 2x3tb drives set up as a mirror on freenas.

I'm planning on getting rid of the NAS box and just putting the drives into my gaming rig, but I want to keep all of the data (obviously).

Only problem is they're formatted (at least I'm 99% sure they are) to only work with freenas and not windows, and I also don't have any spare storage that I can off load the 2.5tb of data to. Is there a way I can take a drive out, format it to NTFS, chuck it in my windows machine and then transfer everything across?? Not too worried about the mirroring at this stage as I'll just use software backups for it.

Any help would be appreciated :) 

well just get any program that gives windows the ability to read ZFS volumes. You could even live boot ubuntu desktop.

My native language is C++