Looking 4 Website Hosting

Hi there!

I'm building a website and i'm looking for a place to host it because i don't have a computer or stable internet connection at home.

I'm super new to all this but the thought i had was i build the website, buy a domain and then find a way to host it.

So do you know any cheap place that hosts websites?
It's absolutely not for heavy use and will just be used in my CV basically.

Thanks in forehand for your input :)

Redliquid~

GoDaddy is pretty straightforward and affordable. 

I'm sure someone will suggest you use another host but they've never done me wrong in the past. 

Just now, ShadyHost said:

GoDaddy is pretty straightforward and affordable. 

I'm sure someone will suggest you use another host but they've never done me wrong in the past. 

I'm checking them out right now, looks like they get me a domain and then the cheapest option is 1 website, 100gb disk space, 100 emails and 10 mySQL-databases
But currently my website size is like 2mb, i plan to have a main site, then an about, contacts and my Projects sites aswell.
I also don't see why i'd need email adresses or a database?

Redliquid~

1 minute ago, Redliquid said:

I'm checking them out right now, looks like they get me a domain and then the cheapest option is 1 website, 100gb disk space, 100 emails and 10 mySQL-databases
But currently my website size is like 2mb, i plan to have a main site, then an about, contacts and my Projects sites aswell.
I also don't see why i'd need email adresses or a database?

I think it just comes with that unless there's another plan that doesn't come with it. 

12 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

I think it just comes with that unless there's another plan that doesn't come with it. 

They seem'd awesome until i saw they had a 100gb traffic limit for the basic accounts :S
I'm not 100% sure what that means but if it is that i can only load the page x amount of times until my band with runs out then that's a bit...weird.

Redliquid~

9 minutes ago, Redliquid said:

They seem'd awesome until i saw they had a 100gb traffic limit for the basic accounts :S
I'm not 100% sure what that means but if it is that i can only load the page x amount of times until my band with runs out then that's a bit...weird.

I'm not sure that's what they mean. I think you have 100GB of storage. I used to run a video capture website for Halo 3, Reach, and 4 on a pretty basic plan which did Terabytes of transfers per month and they never said a word.....

0471096586677de44e5f4d3038d12710.png

45 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

I think i'll go with godaddy but i feel unsure. All of these packages and i still have no idea how it actually works.
Where do i upload my code and how?
How do i set my secondary sites?

Redliquid~

6 minutes ago, DerakDerantick said:

Try Transip.eu (or .com)

Been using them for a while now, they have a very basic 15GB plan that costs next to nothing with full FTP support and subdomains.

Never had any problems, and their costumer support is A+.

They seem good, but as i stated in my earlier comment, How do i go on about uploading my code and sub sites etc?
They all ask me to pay up before im 100% sure about how to actually host my code/site(s)

Redliquid~

Just now, DerakDerantick said:

FTP.

Informative. Kappa

Redliquid~

5 hours ago, Redliquid said:

Hi there!

I'm building a website and i'm looking for a place to host it because i don't have a computer or stable internet connection at home.

I'm super new to all this but the thought i had was i build the website, buy a domain and then find a way to host it.

So do you know any cheap place that hosts websites?
It's absolutely not for heavy use and will just be used in my CV basically.

Thanks in forehand for your input :)

Cheap VPS and you kinda set the rest up yourself is an option. Personally I use digitalocean 

Have you considered getting a free web hosting account to get your feet wet first? Why pay money until you're comfortable?

-KuJoe