High pings and allot of net issues

Yuval

For this month or two my pings are non stop 500+ on used to be 20ms ping servers, my net drops out and takes forever to load pages some time, also when i do pingtests i have allot of packet loss and unstable pings (510, 10, 50, 300 etc...)

I contacted my ISP which have no clue what is causing this and they don't do much to fix this. i heard that since people where i live can't get more then 2.5 Mbps and i have 15, if i lower my speed to 10 maybe it'll help, and it didn't (IT from the ISP told me that).

I can only think that the router is the issue, since my neighbors have no issues at all with pings. it's a "new" router, made in 2010 and also a sticker saying it has been repaired in 2012. I think it's the issue. but im no expert, can anyone help me out on how to fix this (my PC is connected via wire, and also checked from my laptop via different wire and same results) 

My net also is inconsistent, sometimes 15 sometime 7 when i do speedtests.

:/

try using the console command:"tracert www.linustechtips.com" (or any other website) so you can see where your ping starts being high.

try using the console command:"tracert www.linustechtips.com" (or any other website) so you can see where your ping starts being high.

Did, how do i know it where my issues come from?

the pings start being high from stage 2 does it mean the issue is in the router?

Did, how do i know it where my issues come from?

the pings start being high from stage 2 does it mean the issue is in the router?

The router should be the first one, because you are directly connected to it.

If the second one is high then it is very likely that the router is the issue.

Are you using a modem or a combo unit?

combo

The only problems I can think of are:

The router isn't working correctly anymore.

The cable to your house is damaged or something is causing interference.

I don't know if you are allowed to do this, but if you could use your neighbours combo unit (asuming you have the same isp) instead of yours then you would know if it's the routers or the cables fault.

The only problems I can think of are:

The router isn't working correctly anymore.

The cable to your house is damaged or something is causing interference.

I don't know if you are allowed to do this, but if you could use your neighbours combo unit (asuming you have the same isp) instead of yours then you would know if it's the routers or the cables fault.

Might be both, the cables they used haven't been touched in 10-20 years by what their IT who came to my house told me, and the routers they sent me are all "repaired" units rather than brand new. but since i'm not the only one with this ISP where i live, i will place my bets on the router, hopefully they would send me a new one rather than a second hand one.

Might be both, the cables they used haven't been touched in 10-20 years by what their IT who came to my house told me, and the routers they sent me are all "repaired" units rather than brand new. but since i'm not the only one with this ISP where i live, i will place my bets on the router, hopefully they would send me a new one rather than a second hand one.

The cables should hold that long, I used to get internet over 30-40 years old cables (had 100 ping).

A second hand one is not bad if they have tested it. I got a new router/modem from my isp that didn't work at all.

However I hope a new router is going to solve your problem.

The cables should hold that long, I used to get internet over 30-40 years old cables (had 100 ping).

A second hand one is not bad if they have tested it. I got a new router/modem from my isp that didn't work at all.

However I hope a new router is going to solve your problem.

the thing is i got 4-5 "new" routers from them, sadly the same model, D-Link DSL-2650U, all had the same issue, does this rule out the possibility of the router being the issue? 

the thing is i got 4-5 "new" routers from them, sadly the same model, D-Link DSL-2650U, all had the same issue, does this rule out the possibility of the router being the issue? 

That makes it unlikely that the router caused the problem.

Since your neighbor are fine, the problem might be caused by the cable that's leading in your house.

That's a pretty bad situation you are in. If the isp doesn't sent a technician there isn't really any way to solve it. (at least I can't think of one).

Does the isp own the cables? If the municipality owns them it should be easier to get new ones.

That makes it unlikely that the router caused the problem.

Since your neighbor are fine, the problem might be caused by the cable that's leading in your house.

That's a pretty bad situation you are in. If the isp doesn't sent a technician there isn't really any way to solve it. (at least I can't think of one).

Does the isp own the cables? If the municipality owns them it should be easier to get new ones.

I think they do, the thing is, since i am the only one who is being effected from this issue in my family, and i'm 16, i can't just order a IT to replace the cable. hopefully once they will sent a technician to my house i will be able to tell them that, thanks for the help! 

Also sometimes it works fine for several ours, randomly, does this mean it's not a cable issue?

Also sometimes it works fine for several ours, randomly, does this mean it's not a cable issue?

That's strange. Then it might just be the ISPs fault.