Gigabyte z170x Gaming 6 killer e2200 slow internet connection

My father has recently spent $2,600 AUD on a new gaming PC ( For his birthday ), and with all the parts he had bought it included the Gigabyte GA-Z170x Gaming 6 Mother board which comes with the Killer e2200 network driver. The problem is once we had freshly installed windows 7 and installed the drivers that came with the mother board disk is that his internet connection was so limited that it would just barely load google. We had managed to load up Speedtest.net but the download speed was so slow it dropped to 0.01 and froze there, it wouldn't even get to testing the upload. Our other computer on the network runs fine and it has normal speed test results, so we know it's nothing to do with our ISP or our router. I would really appreciate some help because we just can't find any fixes or work-arounds for it, Or if anyone could suggest a new motherboard with the same 1151 socket that also needs to have a M.2 SSD socket. 

Other Information: 

I manually installed the e2200 driver without the killer suite that i thought might have been throttling our connection speed because of the bandwidth controller, even when we turned it off it didn't make any difference. Nothing changed and we still got very poor results. 

This is the screenshot of the PC that gets normal speeds, The actual speed we get is about 1.5Mbps which is normal here in Australia on a regular ADSL connection (ISP is Telstra) 

SpeedtestResult.jpg.0bc87ec37603d53a14d6

Parts from memory that he purchased: 

Gigabyte GA-z170x Gaming 6

i7 6700k

GTX 970 windforce

4x 8gb Ripjaw DDR4 3200mhz

M.2 512gb SSD

1000w Power Supply of which i can't remember the brand

P.S If i have gotten anything wrong, or if you know i've mistakenly put in the wrong specs, please go easy on me i'm only 18 and have limited knowledge on these things :) And, please help. This head ache is taking over my life!

5 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:

i'm only 18

#undereighteenmasterrace

Have you tried installing the drivers from Gigabyte's website, as opposed to the disk drivers?

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

I went to Gigabyte's website and searched the Mobo, Found the drivers for the Z170x Gaming 6, the only problem is there's 2 drivers for the ethernet, Ones a Bigfoot LAN driver (Bigfoot being apparently the Killer Network crew) and the other download is the Intel LAN Driver, Which to my understanding was for a ethernet adapter card, I could be wrong. ( I am most likely wrong lol )
Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to testing drivers, doing re-installs and what not tomorrow, currently 12:37 am here.

1 hour ago, Spaghettio said:

I went to Gigabyte's website and searched the Mobo, Found the drivers for the Z170x Gaming 6, the only problem is there's 2 drivers for the ethernet, Ones a Bigfoot LAN driver (Bigfoot being apparently the Killer Network crew) and the other download is the Intel LAN Driver, Which to my understanding was for a ethernet adapter card, I could be wrong. ( I am most likely wrong lol )
Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to testing drivers, doing re-installs and what not tomorrow, currently 12:37 am here.

Side note: please quote people when you respond to them, else they don't get notified. 

The drivers that come on the CD are most likely outdated. I would reinstall the drivers from the website just in case.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

You need go to your adapter settings in Windows network and sharing center, right click your adapter, hit properties, iirc, and it should list off a bunch of crap like Windows multiplexor blah blah blah,  each with a little tick box next to it. Until killer network control or whatever it's called. That disallows the NIC from limiting it's own speed "intelligently"

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

The Z170X Gaming 6 comes with both Intel and Killer NICs, it has 2 ethernet ports.

Switch to the other ethernet port and install the Intel LAN Drivers because the E2200 is trash, don't use that at all.

9 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

You need go to your adapter settings in Windows network and sharing center, right click your adapter, hit properties, iirc, and it should list off a bunch of crap like Windows multiplexor blah blah blah,  each with a little tick box next to it. Until killer network control or whatever it's called. That disallows the NIC from limiting it's own speed "intelligently"

I went into my adapter settings, found both the killer network adapter and the intel one, i checked them both and couldn't find the network control thing in there, There was a packet scheduler but i believe that's a windows one and it didn't effect anything on or off. 

7 hours ago, Peakfire said:

The Z170X Gaming 6 comes with both Intel and Killer NICs, it has 2 ethernet ports.

Switch to the other ethernet port and install the Intel LAN Drivers because the E2200 is trash, don't use that at all.

I installed the Intel LAN Drivers, and completely uninstalled the killer network driver after switching ethernet ports and i still get completely trashed internet speeds compared to the first attached image

Capture2.PNG.dc679e991dc9de25efcfdce5dcc

Capture.PNG.8207e1c7fce7cf0d267fff50f66e

7 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:

I went into my adapter settings, found both the killer network adapter and the intel one, i checked them both and couldn't find the network control thing in there, There was a packet scheduler but i believe that's a windows one and it didn't effect anything on or off. 

I installed the Intel LAN Drivers, and completely uninstalled the killer network driver after switching ethernet ports and i still get completely trashed internet speeds compared to the first attached image

Capture2.PNG.dc679e991dc9de25efcfdce5dcc

Capture.PNG.8207e1c7fce7cf0d267fff50f66e

You shouldn't be using the Intel driver, as if I recall correctly, the e2200 is a rebadge of a realtek driver.

(EDIT: Didn't know you had two Ethernet ports, that's a tad bit weird for a gaming board. Disregard the above info then.)

Since I just got off work, once I get home I'll take a screenshot of the settings I was referencing just to make sure we are on the correct page.

Have you tried different cables, looking around the router settings, etc? Just to ensure that the problem lies with the computer.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

2 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Have you tried different cables, looking around the router settings, etc? Just to ensure that the problem lies with the computer.

Yeah, We tried changing ethernet cables between the first one we used and 2 others, and we moved it between 3 spare ports on the router. I'm currently on my personal PC and it's hitting normal speeds still. 

7 hours ago, Peakfire said:

Killer used to be trash.

e2200 is good, however their bandwidth control software needs work.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Spaghettio said:

Yeah, We tried changing ethernet cables between the first one we used and 2 others, and we moved it between 3 spare ports on the router. I'm currently on my personal PC and it's hitting normal speeds still. 

What are your speeds normally at?

Edit: nvm found it in OP.

Spoiler

This should be what you're looking at if you followed my instructions above correctly. (I give poor instructions :P )

62a9fcf81e.png

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

This should be what you're looking at if you followed my instructions above correctly. (I give poor instructions :P )

62a9fcf81e.png

Your instructions were clear before, thank you, but i don't think i had the software installed when i checked, so the Killer Bandwidth Control option wasn't actually there, I'll go and reinstall the e2200 driver and software and try again. 

2 hours ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

What are your speeds normally at?

I just reinstalled the e2200 drivers and software and got it. I disabled the option and tested speeds. Seem to be the same as before. There was a second of it going to 1mbps and then died straight down to 0.02

56d7a65a04fa0_killernetworkcontrolleropt

2 hours ago, Spaghettio said:

I just reinstalled the e2200 drivers and software and got it. I disabled the option and tested speeds. Seem to be the same as before. There was a second of it going to 1mbps and then died straight down to 0.02

56d7a65a04fa0_killernetworkcontrolleropt

Open CMD and type

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

This is quite puzzling.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

Open CMD and type

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

This is quite puzzling.

DNS flushed, this time speedtest was unable even to load. Really not sure what the problem is. Do you think it's worth doing a RMA and seeing if it's just this mobo? 

EDIT: I'll do a quick reformat and only install the driver

Edited by Spaghettio

yea do a reformat and install the Intel Lan driver from gigabyte website

try to see if the LAN speed reverts to 1Gbps

internet speed can be done later

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

3 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

yea do a reformat and install the Intel Lan driver from gigabyte website

try to see if the LAN speed reverts to 1Gbps

internet speed can be done later

I'll continue tomorrow, Thanks for the suggestions guys