Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition

(this is my first review so don't hate too much)

Greetings Forum! So I got my first PC, and choose a really sexy looking case. For around $110 (off amazon.com), this new case from Phanteks is really pushing back competition for mid priced Midi Towers. So let's dive in.

It comes in a pretty basic cardboard box, but it shows an Enthoo Pro M, with the windowed side panel, and for a sec I thought that they brought me the wrong case. It doesn't specify anywhere on the box that it is indeed the acrylic window edition. And on the other side of the box, it shows a blown up version of the case, but again it shows the wrong case (with small acrylic window, only 1 included fan but more of that in a sec).

So let's open it up. Inside we find the gorgeous case in a plastic wrap, the acrylic panel is covered with adhesive paper, to protect it (good job Phanteks), and unfortunately two pieces of hard foam. Now I got my PC pre-built (due to a misunderstanding with the store), and they assembled it just down the street from where I live. Even though the foam wasn't cracked, broken or even dented in any way, I wouldn't recommend you to do the same thing, if it will be shipped to your home (especially with the rep most postal company's have). Opening up the case we find:

2 included fans

Removable dust filters for PSU, front intake, and top intake/outtake, with the top one being magnetic

Bag with all the needed screws, standoffs, etc

2 x 3.5' drive sleds with a butterfly attachment style (quick and easy)

Pump mount

1 x 2.5' SSD bracket, with the option of mounting it either behind the motherboard tray, or right up next to the window, near the front. Super easy drop & lock

Perforated cover for the basement, where you install the PSU, and to hide some cables. Also located here are the 2 x HDD mounts, hidden

1 x 5.25' bay (if you're still into that) , which is removable from the inside to open up room for a couple extra fans 

So let's see fan compatibility:

FRONT 3 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm (you need to remove optical bay to open up room for the 3rd 120mm fan), with a 140mm in this position stock

TOP      3 x 120mm or 2 x 140mm (you need to remove optical bay to open up room for the 3rd 120mm fan)

REAR    1 x 120mm or 1 x 140mm, with a 140mm in this position stock

TOTAL  7 x 120mm or 5 x 140mm fans

2 included

Also, the top fans are mounted on a bracket, that is easily removable to install fans with ease.

There is enough room to route all your cables, and as long as you use the Velcro tie downs, and do a half descent cable management, you won't be fighting with the side panel to close it. There are cut outs in the Usual locations, 2 large ones that span the entire side of the motherboard, one right at the 8 pin, one on the top of the basement, for easy GPU wiring, and a few more cut outs along the top and bottom, that don't have rubber grommets. 7 expansion slots, a reservoir mounting bracket in front of the expansion slots, and 5 drop and lock spots, to add HDDs. Unfortunatly, not even 1 of these are included, but to be honest, I don't think you will be needing 7 Hard drives in a Midi Tower. I'm sure there is someone out there that does, so there you go, you have the option. If you have VERY long graphics cards (over 300mm or 11.8in) you will not be able to add one or two of the HDD brackets.. If you don't however install any extra brackets, you have 420mm clearance, so you can fit no problem modern GPUs.

The I/O shield is on the side, with 2 x USB 3.0, mic and headphone jacks, and a reset switch, with a nice LED light around it. The power button is on the top, that makes a satisfying (I find) *Click* noise. The front has a brushed aluminum look, but thankfully it is easy to clean plastic.

Which leads us to the Acrylic window. Oh. My God. It is beautiful. Held in place with 4 easy to grip thumb screws, and you can actually remove it, and install your own engraved, color tinted, or even tempered glass side panel if you have the free time. it has a slight angle around it, so it kinda blends into the case. Good job Phanteks. My only dislike about it, is that it is quite reflective, and if you put it on your desk like I did, the light from your monitor can make it kinda hard to look at the inside of the case. Personaly, I'm going to add two fans on the top, with LED lights to hopefully make it easier to look into it, or maybe LED strips...

Tried scratching it with my fingernail, and it passed the test. I didn't go too hard on it, but no lines are visible.

So let's get down to final view:

Pros:

Nice size, great build quality, easy cable management (without a lot of effort), watercooling friendly, excellent mid range price point,

Cons:

Acrylic window could have been more glare resistant, the full metal side panel is slightly flimsy, front side intakes are behind the air filter, you can expect some dust build up...

Phanteks did an amazing job with this case, and everything is top notch. Great job with the dust filters, and an easy to build in case thanks to the open room concept that most cases are taking up these days. However I don't feel like Phanteks tried to amaze with anything special. For example, with the Enthoo pro which is aprox. >$10 more expensive, you get that neat toolbox, with all the screws organized. Not with this case. The stand offs are pre installed for an ATX motherboard, but nothing else. Final build looks astonishing.

Tl;Dr: Great case, worth every penny. Would recommend 5/10 times to a friend, cause I wouldn't want everyone to have the same case as me :P

But all jokes aside, I'd rate it a 99.5%, with only my small dislike of the glossiness of the acrylic window...large.20160213_141011.jpg.d0bc705ed94baalarge.20160213_135641.jpg.d04d258703c52clarge.20160213_131336.jpg.1728217baabbde

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

Gorgeous, especially that side-window!

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

59 minutes ago, SQZY98 said:

Gorgeous, especially that side-window!

Did you like the review?

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

19 minutes ago, ky802008 said:

Did you like the review?

Yep! One thing you could improve is to separate it into different chapters. Something like Unboxing/Delivery content, Appearance, Building Experience and Conclusion with Pro and Cons. That would make it easier to read IMO :) I guess you don´t have a better camera, so the pics are ok.

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Just now, SQZY98 said:

Yep! One thing you could improve is to separate it into different chapters. Something like Unboxing/Delivery content, Appearance, Building Experience and Conclusion with Pro and Cons. That would make it easier to read IMO :)

Noted.

• 2 weeks later...

Small Update:

The case is holding up greatly! However, I've noticed a small build up of dust (where I live there is quite a bit), this is due to the fact that front intake does have a dust filter, but there are some small strips on the front side and on the bottom that happens to be behind the filter. I'll be purchasing a fine mesh, and using a minute amount of hot glue, to keep it in place.