Can't play any videos on PS3. Need help

VG Docs

My PS3 detects the flash drive (1GB flash drive). It's FAT32 like it should be. It won't detect the video files though. I've tried .MP4, .AVI (XviD), and .divx

I don't think it's the format of the video files though considering one of the files is a DivX VOD video that I'm supposed to play on the PS3 so I can play DivX VOD content.

What else can I do?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

1 minute ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

My PS3 detects the flash drive (1GB flash drive). It's FAT32 like it should be. It won't detect the video files though. I've tried .MP4, .AVI (XviD), and .divx

I don't think it's the format of the video files though considering one of the files is a DivX VOD video that I'm supposed to play on the PS3 so I can play DivX VOD content.

What else can I do?

ps3 has very few supported video formats and for the ones it does...they need to be encoded a certain way

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

11 minutes ago, techguru said:

ps3 has very few supported video formats and for the ones it does...they need to be encoded a certain way

The encoding appears to be the same as what's officially supported. H264 MP4 should work plain and simple. Any other ideas?

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

1 minute ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

The encoding appears to be the same as what's officially supported. H264 MP4 should work plain and simple. Any other ideas?

not nessecarily

h264 can be encoded with lots of different settings

2 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

not nessecarily

you'd be better off using something else to play all your files

only other thing you can try is to stream the files to the ps3 with like plex or something

Just now, techguru said:

not nessecarily

That information is available in the support list as well. Again, the settings go along with what the support list says. I've even used a program that specifically converts files to confirmed PS3 compatible formats. 

I got it working.

For anyone else who may have the same issue, my method in trying to play the videos was a little off. I was in the XMB where it showed my USB device, and I pressed X to view its contents with it saying there aren't any titles.

I guess you're supposed to press triangle on the USB device, and click "Display All" to view your content. All the formats I listed above worked as well.