Please help, i cannot get into my bios.

Gnomercy
Go to solution Solved by Hoppa,

Hmm... actually you could have probably left them in, just used the motherboard as the video out  :lol: haha... but sometimes it doesn't work if you have them in because it will prefer them over the motherboard gpu.

OK... so install the OS

After that, turn off your computer, put GPUs back in (You could probably leave the HDMI plugged into the motherboard)

Install NVIDIA drivers from their site

Then you can use your GPUs

yer take it out, restart the computer.

should i go into the os first and change the first boot to the ssd where windows 8 is?

so i removed the disk, i pressed reset on my MOBO, windows 8 loading screen goes up, screen flashes red, same HDMI no signal message flashes and screen goes black again, i am beginning to lose confidence.

should i go into the os first and change the first boot to the ssd where windows 8 is?

yeah, if you want, but since you took out the CD you should be good.

When I installed windows 8 I had a black screen for a long time before windows 8 loaded up.

Using the HDMI or the Display port connector for this type of troubleshooting is hard to deal with, because it tends to turn off the monitor when it detects a blank screen.

Have you left the computer running for 20min or so on the black screen? If the installation went correctly, ther will be a blank screen for a long time and it will start to load up.

Worst case... You can Install it again on your HDD (temporally)

Ill go find a good youtube video for you to follow.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

yeah, if you want, but since you took out the CD you should be good.

When I installed windows 8 I had a black screen for a long time before windows 8 loaded up.

Using the HDMI or the Display port connector for this type of troubleshooting is hard to deal with, because it tends to turn off the monitor when it detects a blank screen.

Have you left the computer running for 20min or so on the black screen? If the installation went correctly, ther will be a blank screen for a long time and it will start to load up.

Worst case... You can Install it again on your HDD (temporally)

Ill go find a good youtube video for you to follow.

i left the blank screen up for at least 20min, and when i boot up (without disc) the windows 8 loading screen is the first thing i see before the red flash, i dont know what went wrong where but i am kind of worried.

i left the blank screen up for at least 20min, and when i boot up (without disc) the windows 8 loading screen is the first thing i see before the red flash, i dont know what went wrong where but i am kind of worried.

Patients man

OK.. Let me ask... you did the installation... like type computer name etc etc right? clock next next etc?

After it does all that, you're supposed to let it do its thing, (without turning it off by the button)

It does go to a blank screen for a while (a long time), but I could see my cursor.

when I used my HDMI port it wouldn't show me anything, so I had to use a dvi - HDMI converter.

here's a video - hope this helps a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVQvpvPdcU

you can format your SSD buy putting it into another computer and formatting it from there so you can start again.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Patients man

OK.. Let me ask... you did the installation... like type computer name etc etc right? clock next next etc?

After it does all that, you're supposed to let it do its thing, (without turning it off by the button)

It does go to a blank screen for a while (a long time), but I could see my cursor.

when I used my HDMI port it wouldn't show me anything, so I had to use a dvi - HDMI converter.

here's a video - hope this helps a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiVQvpvPdcU

you can format your SSD buy putting it into another computer and formatting it from there so you can start again.

no i never did PC name i have never gotten that far, but when it asks me what drive to install it to i can easily format it there. also if i try to boot from the ssd (where windows 8 is installed) it does the lading screen to no signal screen, same if i try to boot it from the actual cd disc again, i do not know what to do.

no i never did PC nme i have never gotten that far, but when it asks me what drive to intall it to i can easily format it there.

OHHH ok... I was thinking you had installed it and it was configuring it.

So when you tried to boot from the disk, doesn't it say select language? Did you get to that?

I'm terribly sorry about the confusion! It's 5.40am here haha

Just stay confident, you can't screw up a computer trying to install an OS

You may need to find a DVI cable, either buy 1 or possibly take 1 from an existing monitor from another computer if you have 1.

So i selected language and entered the code and at the end os step two it restarted and did what i said before "Ok so this is what it does, it first shoes the pre-screen with the ROG logo like always, then it shoes the windows 8 logo and the swirling little loading thing, then it flashes this screen where you can select two different versions of windows 8, it is only up there for less than a second before it shoes the same windows loading screen i mentioned before,  and right before it fades to black it says readying devices and then it goes completely black by flashing the hdmi no signal, and the screen goes into "sleep" mode, idk why."

So i selected language and entered the code and at the end os step two it restarted and did what i said before "Ok so this is what it does, it first shoes the pre-screen with the ROG logo like always, then it shoes the windows 8 logo and the swirling little loading thing, then it flashes this screen where you can select two different versions of windows 8, it is only up there for less than a second before it shoes the same windows loading screen i mentioned before,  and right before it fades to black it says readying devices and then it goes completely black by flashing the hdmi no signal, and the screen goes into "sleep" mode, idk why."

OK...leave it! for like an hour lol it takes a LONG time. lol

I also had the feeling that it wasn't working, and I was getting impatient because that didn't happen with my windows 7 install, but it ended up working in the end.

Check every 20min or so by pushing the 'auto source' button on the moniter or by turning the moniter off and on. (this will search for a digital source)

When there is nothing to display on a hdmi signal it will say no signal and turn the monitor 'off'

Patients my friend! lol

OK...leave it! for like an hour lol it takes a LONG time. lol

I also had the feeling that it wasn't working, and I was getting impatient because that didn't happen with my windows 7 install, but it ended up working in the end.

Check every 20min or so by pushing the 'auto source' button on the moniter or by turning the moniter off and on. (this will search for a digital source)

When there is nothing to display on a hdmi signal it will say no signal and turn the monitor 'off'

Patients my friend!

ok so i sould wipe my drive and do a complete reinstall and then let it sit after the end of step two?

ok so i sould wipe my drive and do a complete reinstall and then let it sit after the end of step two?

Yep that's what your supposed to do

If you want, put 1 graphics card in. And if you have a spare monitor lying around (that has a dvi cable) then use that. dvi > hdmi

Hmmm a lot of people tend to have this same problem

My screen went black but it ended up working.

If you computer can't seem to complete the installation, then there other ways to install it. You'll have to download the windows 8 ISO and put it on a USB.

You'll have to just try different combinations. I have a serious feeling that it has to do with using HDMI. That's just my hunch. And like the info is there, is just that HDMI might not want to work.

EDIT 9000: also maybe have your network cable plugged in the computer

EDIT 9001: After a while of reading of peoples problems, someone said that a BIOS flash allowed the install to work.

SOOOOO.... if install doesn't work.... turn off computer (leave it off, but power supply still on)... go on another computer and download the latest bios file for your motherboard.

Put it on a USB, put it in the USB slot that is right next to the BIOS flash button. Then push the button for 3 seconds, and you should have updated your BIOS.

It worked, thanks again i have one gpu and after install drivers i will put another one in, good luck on your future builds.

It worked, thanks again i have one gpu and after install drivers i will put another one in, good luck on your future builds.

oh YAYYYYYY!!! 

THANKS FOR NOT GIVING UP!

I hope you enjoy your new system, see, it didn't take that long, only 6 hours  :P haha

oh YAYYYYYY!!! 

THANKS FOR NOT GIVING UP!

I hope you enjoy your new system, see, it didn't take that long, only 6 hours  :P haha

Yeah lol now just for all of the drivers and such lol.